Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League Round of 16 tickets on sale

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
West Ham, Liverpool and Brighton are all scheduled to play the home game on same day. Every chance the tv companies will move one of them so they can show two games live rather than just the one
Aren't Villa as well?

If so then TNT will try to make it a 50/50 split surely?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The issue would be Sporting and Benfica both in the next round, not Braga which is a long way away. If both teams were through there is a good chance they would swop home and away legs of one of the teams, like they did when Arsenal and Chelsea were set to play a Europa League game at home on the same day in 2019, and also happened to the two Manchester clubs in the champions league one year.

Yes I got the two Portuguese sides wrong but my point still stands Sevilla and Real Betis are 3 miles apart. 2 seasons ago they moved Real Betis match to a day earlier so no advantage was lost for their opponents who were seeded.

The Arsenal and Chelsea clash came at a time when the last 16 wasn’t seeded so there wasn’t any previously won home advantage in the second leg to consider. Again the Manchester clash came at the QF stage when there was no seedings so again no previously won advantage to take away from a side that has earned it.

The game will almost certainly not be switched. UEFA have never as far as I can see swapped a fixture when the teams have been seeded, and I’d expect most clubs to resist it as home advantage in the second leg is worth a lot.

Re the TV, it’s probably why there is a possibility of an early kick off. 2 English clubs will take the early kick offs and 2 the late to maximise TV numbers. Last season Arsenal (Europa League) and West Ham (conference League) both played 8pm kick offs on the same day in the last 16.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No they are not. I have a season ticket in zone E and my 12 year old daughter also has a season ticket. Her's costs around half the price of mine.
Let’s clear this up. Where are your ST seats? Ie which stand and where?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes I got the two Portuguese sides wrong but my point still stands Sevilla and Real Betis are 3 miles apart. 2 seasons ago they moved Real Betis match to a day earlier so no advantage was lost for their opponents who were seeded.

The Arsenal and Chelsea clash came at a time when the last 16 wasn’t seeded so there wasn’t any previously won home advantage in the second leg to consider. Again the Manchester clash came at the QF stage when there was no seedings so again no previously won advantage to take away from a side that has earned it.

The game will almost certainly not be switched. UEFA have never as far as I can see swapped a fixture when the teams have been seeded, and I’d expect most clubs to resist it as home advantage in the second leg is worth a lot.

Re the TV, it’s probably why there is a possibility of an early kick off. 2 English clubs will take the early kick offs and 2 the late to maximise TV numbers.
It's a good point about the seeding, so a day apart would make sense, and would have no impact on the home leg date.

*Although it's UEFA so you can't rule anything out ......

Last edited:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Ah ..didn’t realise that …will come a time then when I’ll have to move to somewhere that a discount is applicable for my ST

Bought three tickets when Amex opened was going to book in west middle but my two sons were under 18 and under 21 and couldn`t get discount for them so bought adjoining block where junior tickets were cheaper. Now I`m an over 65 so get cheaper ticket and sons working Adults so paying themselves and more than me !!!

May 25, 2023
Croydon
Noooooo I am in the second Members group, I only have 175 points! Worse still I have a ticket for the Stoke match which gives me 15 points and therefore shoves me up into the first members purchasing group...... but the match is the day after the Member window opens 😭
Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here