Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa League Play offs - Second Leg

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Anyone else getting whiplash between all the sudden camera angle and noise changes during that penalty shootout?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
We are the pussiest fans in the whole tournament it had to be said.
Could work in our favour. All these clubs have ultras we have GOSBTS ”now let your hearts be gay” it will scare the living sh!t out of them, it‘s fantastic and completely us. They can stick there megaphones and drums where the sun doesn’t shine, it has naff all to do with what’s happening on the pitch anyway.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So - only two (Milan & Benfica) of the third placed CL teams out of the eight made it through (I think).
Bar the usual suspects the Champions League does have a lot of teams that aren’t anywhere near that level really. The fact that only 2 have gone through the play off round shows that.

Compare that with the Conference League where 7 of the 8 play off ties were won by the teams finishing 3rd in the Europa League probably shows there is a big argument that the Europa League is probably the most competitive of the 3 competitions.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So - only two (Milan & Benfica) of the third placed CL teams out of the eight made it through (I think).
Yes it has been quite a night for teams that came from the Europa League groups. Not only the 8 teams finishing second (6 winning) but also the 8 teams finishing third and dropping into the conference league (7 winning!)

el punal

Despite there being some absolute giants there, I don't think there's anyone we need to fear.

In terms of most winnable to least, I'd rank it:

Sparta
Qarabag
Freiburg
Marseille
Sporting
Benfica
Roma
Milan
Phew! At least we’re not playing Luton.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
All games winable, but my prefrence would be:-
AC Milan - last chance for a visit to San Siro
Freiburg - The black forest and easy to drive to
Roma - What a beautiful city to visit
Qarabag - looks a great place to visit and unlikely to have a reason to go there again but travel not easy
Sparta Prague - smallest allocation and who has not been there
Lisborn teams - would love to, but 2 both teams at home on Wed / Thurs could be a nightmare
Marseille - has to be bottom of the list

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here