Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro 24 Qualifying Draw

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Have we ever played Malta in qualifying? I remember us playing a friendly against them just before Euro 2000. A desperate 2-1 win in Valletta under Kevin Keegan.

I was there for that! Combined it with a week's holiday all inclusive at a cheap hotel. Lovely low-brow stuff.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
For Sweden... looks like we might miss out, struggle to see us beat Belgium and/or Austria.

I think you'll finish above Austria. You're FIFA ranked 25, they're 34. Isak's a real talent.

Things don't always work out that way of course, but it's more likely than not.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think you'll finish above Austria. You're FIFA ranked 25, they're 34. Isak's a real talent.

Things don't always work out that way of course, but it's more likely than not.

Kulusevski and Isak are fine up front, and Elanga looks promising, but other than those, there really isn't much to hang in the christmas tree, while Austria has looked pretty strong in recent years.

Bit disappointed that Ahmedhodžić picked Bosnia instead of Sweden. It was always obvious he was a super talent and now he is the best defender in the Championship and would walk into the Swedish team.

Midfield is even worse. Traditionally, Sweden has always had some very sturdy central midfielders who might not have been the most flairy players but still very good. Today there's just a bunch of sub-par technicians.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England must get second. If they don't then they need 11 of the 14 teams ranked above them in the ENL to qualify automatically otherwise they are out and miss the play offs.

Scotland, however, will get a play off regardless. Even though they were in a lower league.

Bit nuts that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here