Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EURO 2024 - Official Thread

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
they finished third in their group
That's an incredible achievement. I hope they make it, this is surely their best and possibly only chance to qualify.

I've done some googling. According to this website:

Their euros qualifying record is p127, w 13, d13, l 101. Five of those wins coming in this campaign.

Apparently they're ranked 87th in the world which isn't great but is still higher than I thought they'd be.

Fair play Luxembourg!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Luxembourg may have finished 3rd in their group, but qualification for the playoffs was based on Nations League positioning not where you finished in the Euro groups. In Luxembourg's group Iceland and Bosnia & Herzegovina who finished 4th and 5th have also qualified for the play offs.
Well that has thoroughly confused me. Seems farcical that you can finish 5th in your qualifying group and still get a chance at qualifying.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well that has thoroughly confused me. Seems farcical that you can finish 5th in your qualifying group and still get a chance at qualifying.

The Nations League positions have been used for the play offs for Euro 2020 and now Euro 24. For the last World Cup the two highest ranked Nations League group winners who didn't either qualify automatically or finish 2nd in their World Cup qualifying group were put in the play offs as well. It's a way of UEFA instilling more importance (in their eyes) in the Nations League.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

How far can England go? France arguably the team to beat for any side with designs on winning the competition.
Depends how many times Southgate insists on getting Slabhead on the pitch.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Allocations are out.

10k fans for group games.

6k or 7k for knockout.

10k for final.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Allocations are out.

10k fans for group games.

6k or 7k for knockout.

10k for final.
How many caps do you think group games will go down to? Think I’m on 13 and worried I won’t get one…

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
How many caps do you think group games will go down to? Think I’m on 13 and worried I won’t get one…
No idea. I'm only on 3 or something, so next-to-no chance...

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
one things for sure,it will be won with a dogdy VAR penalty

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No idea. I'm only on 3 or something, so next-to-no chance...
Just checked and there’s about 6k in the 11-17 caps 20% of tickets (2k) - so hopeful to get one group game 👍

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I noticed that the other day. Astonishing, given it's basically a city that everyone leaves at the weekend.
It does appear that quite a few of their squad were born in Luxembourg as well. Certainly more than half.

I'd like to know how they have suddenly turned pretty decent.

Mind you, they conceded 15 goals over two matches against Portugal. So it may be a combination of an improved side and a very weak group.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The shipping container thing is a bit of a "so what" ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
GET
ON
WITH

IT

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yawn. Exciting for Scotland who haven't been involved in a tournament for about three decades.

As for England, call me when the tournament starts.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We’re C4. Explosive draw.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Denmark were the strongest team in that pot ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here