[Other Sport] EURO 2022 Official Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Just quick moan, as I'm bored, in the queue for a bus. The transport organisation is utter shite compared with prem games. Different people in charge I guess?..

UEFA dont let you hang around for a beer so everyone queues at once. Plus ET has a big impact vs a league game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I remember watching an England U21 game against Switzerland where we went behind, but then won 3-1. The Amex is a great venue for international games.

I was there: Solly March and JFC were playing - a Sunderland lad came on as a sub and scored the final goal.

I was also there when England women racked up a cricket score against an eastern European team. Bosnia? Montenegro? It's a great venue for international sport

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Proper tournament knockout game passion, nerves and excitement!

Loved ihe scenes in our house at both the equaliser and the winner!

I normally let out a mild 'Jolly good' when my team score. Tonight I clapped loudly. I got very excitable !

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was there: Solly March and JFC were playing - a Sunderland lad came on as a sub and scored the final goal.

I was also there when England women racked up a cricket score against an eastern European team. Bosnia? Montenegro? It's a great venue for international sport

England played a match against New Zealand there. A lot of new folk were cheering the team in white- until they eventually realised that was New Zealand :lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just quick moan, as I'm bored, in the queue for a bus. The transport organisation is utter shite compared with prem games. Different people in charge I guess?..

No-one left early………

Just got home (via a detour as the police also closed The Drove for some reason). What a brilliant night. Gutsy performance in a great atmosphere. Fantastic stuff.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Just got home; what an evening! Thoroughly enjoyable match (from half time onwards anyway) and assumed it would go to penalties. Great spirit from the England team to keep battling.

I’ve lost my voice from shouting and singing so much!

Why were the police not letting anyone driving out of Sussex campus not cross the bridge over the A27? All cars were being directed to Lewes so presumably an accident?

Falmer road to Woodingdean was closed because inconsiderate parking along it prevented traffic using it.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Back home and buzzing so winding down a bit before heading for bed!

Gutsy performance from the girls ... amazing atmosphere and a privilege to be there.

Really glad I got tickets for all 3 games at The Amex.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Falmer road to Woodingdean was closed because inconsiderate parking along it prevented traffic using it.

Every Brighton home match the cars parked on the verges get ticketed, but for some reason the hordes parked along the Drove tonight and last Monday didn’t get nabbed…….I didn’t see any cars parked on the road when walking down or back up though (the reason it’s double-yellowed all the way is, I think, partly due to it being one of the main ambulance routes from the hospital)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I actually thought it was ok tonight. Stadium cleared by the 11.50 train this evening which given the game went to extra time was pretty good.

What an unforgettable night that was, simply superb, loved every second of it. Am absolutely buzzing

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I actually thought it was ok tonight. Stadium cleared by the 11.50 train this evening which given the game went to extra time was pretty good.

What an unforgettable night that was, simply superb, loved every second of it. Am absolutely buzzing

Absolutely brilliant.
The better football team beaten by a better managed, tougher side.
& nothing wrong with that

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Absolutely brilliant.

I did feel that England may have beaten the best side in the tournament.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Absolutely brilliant.

Physically and mentally. Nothing fazed them.

I think the substitutions and tactical changes (the extra midfielder) completely changed the game. Some superb management!

Daly was getting absolutely rinsed, but Greenwood soon put a stop to that, she did brilliantly.

Can’t help but feel they are a very organised and brave group. I think they just might do it.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Physically and mentally. Nothing fazed them.

I think the substitutions and tactical changes (the extra midfielder) completely changed the game. Some superb management!

Daly was getting absolutely rinsed, but Greenwood soon put a stop to that, she did brilliantly.

Can’t help but feel they are a very organised and brave group. I think they just might do it.

Must admit - it was obvious in the first half Daly couldnt stop anything coming in from their right side. Was amazed she came out for the second half frankly.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Absolutely brilliant.

Exactly this - long periods where England just didn't seem to know what to do but were resilient enough to ride it out and come through. Great performance and a fantastic atmosphere. I took my Mum who grew up in a family of football-mad Geordies and actually took me to my first ever match 40+ years ago but hasn't been to a game since the 1980s and she had the best night, which made the whole thing even better. Good times that'll live on in the memory.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Fantastic game last night. Putting Bright up front was a bold move. And I thought our defence did a great job despite the Spanish possession stats.

I’m expecting the pub we were in to be a little bit fuller next Tuesday. Was great to be watching an England team with mates, pints and opinions on what we should and should not be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Should have towed the feckers.

Great atmosphere as others have said, the better team lost, beaten by tactical changes and pure grit.
Oh and a absolute peach of a wonder goal.
I must say the Spanish team is bristling with young talent No19 Carmona & No9 González were brilliant, felt for them a bit, but their time will come as they seemed a younger team.

Looks like another England v Germany final could be on the cards...

We all know how that ends at Wembley ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports