Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] EURO 2022 Official Thread

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Amex doesn’t host many international sporting fixtures…but when we do, my god do we make them good ‘uns

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
9fc1ff40edbad306ff6ffc5767311037.jpg

That was so good! Loved every minute!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Bloody sweet Caroline and freed from desire... how on earth have those two tracks become the go to tunes whenever England win a game in any sport?!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Forget all the discussions about the differences between the mens and womens games - and so on. You won't see a better game of football than that for styles, tactics, a bit of shitehousery, atmosphere, and a cracking goal. There isn't much more you could want.

Millie Bright = Lewis Dunk

And Williamson carries the ball like Webster.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I quite enjoyed that after the England equaliser, previous to that I was a bit meh and Spain were running the show. Lots of character and a cracking winning goal

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never been so gripped by a woman's football match...And it was at the Amex...

Marvellous Scenes

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Proper tournament knockout game passion, nerves and excitement!

Loved ihe scenes in our house at both the equaliser and the winner!

I bet your daughter loved that! Fantastic that she has got such positive role models in her chosen sport that can inspire her by doing it on the biggest stages, in a cracking atmosphere and live on BBC. This team really is creating a pathway for a whole new generation of women footballers and giving us all some great entertainment along the way.

Can’t wait for next Tuesday.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Forget all the discussions about the differences between the mens and womens games - and so on. You won't see a better game of football than that for styles, tactics, a bit of shitehousery, atmosphere, and a cracking goal. There isn't much more you could want.

Millie Bright = Lewis Dunk

And Williamson carries the ball like Webster.

I wholeheartedly endorse this message

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I bet your daughter loved that! Fantastic that she has got such positive role models in her chosen sport that can inspire her by doing it on the biggest stages, in a cracking atmosphere and live on BBC. This team really is creating a pathway for a whole new generation of women footballers and giving us all some great entertainment along the way.

Yep - I was really worried when it looked like we were heading out as it would've been such a shame to crash out in the quarters on home turf after being one of the favourites and being on such a great run, especially because of the impact on the development of women's football these games and us doing well in them are/will have!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Absolutely :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very pleased that England made it through against a technically strong Spanish outfit.

The less said about the 1st half, the better. But they grew into the game and showed a lot of heart to turn it around.

Credit to Wiegman for making the subs early enough and taking off a record goalscorer to change the game.

One can only hope Southgate was watching.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Have to say when England's Coming Home started I was cringing. It's a great song but it has had its day(s). As Stanway moved forward I shouted shoot and what a shot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Amex doesn’t host many international sporting fixtures…but when we do, my god do we make them good ‘uns

I remember watching an England U21 game against Switzerland where we went behind, but then won 3-1. The Amex is a great venue for international games.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Just quick moan, as I'm bored, in the queue for a bus. The transport organisation is utter shite compared with prem games. Different people in charge I guess?..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just got home; what an evening! Thoroughly enjoyable match (from half time onwards anyway) and assumed it would go to penalties. Great spirit from the England team to keep battling.

I’ve lost my voice from shouting and singing so much!

Why were the police not letting anyone driving out of Sussex campus not cross the bridge over the A27? All cars were being directed to Lewes so presumably an accident?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here