Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] EURO 2022 Official Thread

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
It was the same at the game at Brentford the other day. Just Heineken, no other beers. Must be a UEFA thing.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Having watched most teams now - I can't see any that will hugely trouble England. We just look so must faster, together and creative.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/18/england-women-squad-euro-2022-whiteness-diversity

In hindsight perhaps Wiegmann should have picked more BAME players in her squad and mirrored France who picked 15 of their 23 and surely at least one player in the starting 11.

Something that has been discussed on the TV during games and is recognised as a problem. Interesting take was that the FA moved training centres out of inner cities thus denying plenty of girls/women access to push on and become professional. Again, something they said was being rectified in the near future.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
PLEASE win this game... A semi-final between England and Sweden would be very fun.

Assuming of course that Sweden win their 1/4 final !
I grant you that of the two results that it is by far the most likely but now we are in the knock out stage with possibility of pens anything could happen !

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Assuming of course that Sweden win their 1/4 final !
I grant you that of the two results that it is by far the most likely but now we are in the knock out stage with possibility of pens anything could happen !

I would say Sweden have a 90% chance of making it through, Belgium are poor, but Spain is a difficult opponent... I would say there is a 70-30 chance in favor of England.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I would say Sweden have a 90% chance of making it through, Belgium are poor, but Spain is a difficult opponent... I would say there is a 70-30 chance in favor of England.

Absolutely agree re Sweden . Hoping that current form and home support ( especially with me and mrs DTH being there tonight ! )will tip the balance in England's favour .
I couldn't resist playing devil's advocate on your first post but forgot to put a smiley on the end , reading it back it came across as a bit contentious which was not intended , sorry

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Sweden definitely favourites for their quarterfinal, but now have at least 3 of their squad showing covid symptoms which could disrupt them.

Think if England score quickly tonight we'll be ok, but if Spain score first we'll get nervy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sweden definitely favourites for their quarterfinal, but now have at least 3 of their squad showing covid symptoms which could disrupt them.

Think if England score quickly tonight we'll be ok, but if Spain score first we'll get nervy.

Yup first goal will be important, Spain are good at keeping possession so if they score first they can just defend with the ball and keep their positions while the English players are chasing it in the heat, especially if they're over-enthusiastic at home and use too much energy too early.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With Spain's Putellas and Hermoso out of the tournament, I think England will be too strong tonight.

They'll then win their Semi-Final against Sweden before beating Germany in the Final.

Nothing wrong with a positive outlook, eh?

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
d3725e995986a70993b96530bcbc8823.jpg

Happy to be back!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Someone has “accidentally” hung an England flag over the balcony above the South Stand in a position which means the big official banner now reads UEFA Men’s Euro England 2022 …..

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Someone has “accidentally” hung an England flag over the balcony above the South Stand in a position which means the big official banner now reads UEFA Men’s Euro England 2022 …..

Now removed by an official

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

The spirit of BG lives on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here