Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] EURO 2022 Official Thread

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana, vi har slatt dem alle sammen, vi har slatt dem alle sammen [we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all]. Maggie Thatcher, can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher? Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Time to get rid of this now............

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Cracking first half.
Anyone know what the highest ever score is for a women's Euro game?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Has anyone seen professional or international football defensively any worse than this anywhere?

I haven't. And I remember seeing Southampton lose 9-0 twice.

Yes. 30 Nov 21. England 20-0 Latvia.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I can see people shrugging their shoulders and saying it's only the wimmin, but that was an exceptional performance regardless of having dangly bits or not. Norwegian women are normally organised, but they're being pulled out of position by a very fluid England......no side could prevent those goals

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Yes. 30 Nov 21. England 20-0 Latvia.

Watched that game and thought we were building something special, but also ruthless.

Yeah Norway have fallen apart, Thorisdottir looks utterly shell-shocked, but also England have been that good. Scintillating!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Incredible scenes

Possibly the finest half of football by an England team in a major tournament, absolutely outstanding.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Obviously there is a gulf in class and technical ability but that hasn’t happened by accident. The England team we are seeing now is the result of investment in coaching, facilities and exposure by the domestic clubs - but ultimately the players still have to show up and perform, which they definitely are. I’m really pleased for this group and hope they go on and win the whole thing, obviously.

The club my son plays for also runs girls teams across all age groups and this tournament will do wonders for interest and take up. Its great going down to training nights when the kids are allowed to wear club colours if they want, and seeing more and more of the girls with names like ‘Bronze’ ‘Mead’ and ‘White’ on the backs of their shirts.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Breaking news!
Female admits to being wrong on live TV.
This is life changing news.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fantastic performance by England against a team that is, IMO, the 7th best team in the tournament.

Definitely favorites in this game but the scoreline and performance... amazing. England could go all the way this tournament.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Take that NO8RWAY!

I'm off out to SMASH UP an oil rig.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Brilliant evening. Joyous, innocent support and a superb atmosphere. Thousands of young people at the game. The England team were superb; what a brilliant technical and physical display. Pulverised Norway.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got home. Really enjoyed that…..wouldn’t want the high pitched squealing and clackers every week but the place was bouncing. Imagine (and hope) Uncle Tony was immensely proud to see it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This one should decide it, Spain or Germany next Weds for another sweaty, noisy night at the hallowed stadium.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quality goalkeeping and finishing from Spain :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here