[Other Sport] EURO 2022 Official Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Norway could rack up a rugby score against Northern Ireland. Is it the Norwegians being very good or the Orish dreadful? Seeing the first two goals, it's the latter.

I'm going for 8-0.

Bit of both. Bad mistake playing it out for the 2nd goal, but then I remember the Albion doing the same against Liverpool!

And of course there's the difference in Norway's professional set-up and Northern Ireland's semi-pro.

Northern Ireland are undoubtedly the whipping girls in the group.

If England v Norway ends in a draw, it'll likely be who scores the most against NI that will win the group barring an Austrian shock.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is it me or are the cameras crap?

I went on BBC HD and still like watching a 1990's match

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Very odd behaviour from the NIR goalie, every time she could she would time waste, they were 4-1 down

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shame this is a Crodo thread and loads of you have fallen for it. :shrug:

And far cough, potty, giving me a thumbs up. Pillock.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Much better 2nd half from Northern Ireland holding Norway to a goal and scoring themselves.

It looks like UEFA are taking the Albion's pretendance approach of tickets sold rather than people in the ground.

9,146 reported on the BBC tonight, but definitely not that number in the ground with the capacity at St Mary's being 32,505.

With swathes of empty seats despite tickets at £5, it'll be interesting to see how the other non-England matches fill up.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
News was reporting that HUNDREDS of NI fans made the trip to swell the audience. I don't think there was far off 10k in attendance and fair play to the BBC for putting it on BBC1, so many millions more watching at home.

Norway looked competent but nothing more, I didn't see anything to scars England.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
News was reporting that HUNDREDS of NI fans made the trip to swell the audience. I don't think there was far off 10k in attendance and fair play to the BBC for putting it on BBC1, so many millions more watching at home.

Norway looked competent but nothing more, I didn't see anything to scars England.

Give it a rest. Some of us are enjoying the football :shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
With swathes of empty seats despite tickets at £5, it'll be interesting to see how the other non-England matches fill up.

There weren't many seats left for Austria v Norway when I got mine - but it could be that only part of the ground is open,

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Irish coach doesn’t like players who aren’t playing in their own league and favours those who are…….even though the standard there isn’t great

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There weren't many seats left for Austria v Norway when I got mine - but it could be that only part of the ground is open,

I'd imagine that the whole ground is open, but let's hope that there's a large attendance there regardless.

There's been criticism that 2 of Iceland's 3 group games will be played at Man City's academy stadium with 4,700 capacity (reduced from 7,000 due to UEFA restrictions preventing standing capacity).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61149365

That's fair comment regarding the fact that it's a training ground rather than a club's main stadium, but perhaps not on attendances.

Based on tonight's game that featured a home nation, I think they'll do very well to fill it.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Suggestions being made on the radio this morning that they should consider reducing the pitch size for the women's game, like they do in cricket, as they can't kick it so far.

Seems a bit sexist to me, although anything to get more goals could be a good thing.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great start by Finland. Goal inside a minute.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The quality of goal-keeping has been extremely high. That position has come a long way in the last ten years. The Irish keeper had an outstanding game. OK, she let in four, but for her, it could have been twenty-four.
The games are getting better and better. Anybody who has watched a game so far would have enjoyed it immensely, Shirley?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Suggestions being made on the radio this morning that they should consider reducing the pitch size for the women's game, like they do in cricket, as they can't kick it so far.

Seems a bit sexist to me, although anything to get more goals could be a good thing.

The pitch size is fine. As are the size of the goals and everything else that blokes keep suggesting should be changed to accommodate a sport they don’t participate in.

In tennis, women play on the same size court with the same tennis balls and same net. Women tend to produce a different type of tennis match to men, just as they tend to produce a different type of football match. What’s wrong with that? Generally, those who suggest things like pitch or goal dimensions should be reduced for the women’s game are making a different point that they don’t have the balls to explicitly state.

I can’t say for certain, but I’ve never heard a female player suggesting that pitches should be smaller.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Germany look hugely impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports