• Stay

Votes: 269 67.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 132 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
That's true. But all the fascists will be voting out, won't they?
So what is your point? It isn't something we don't know. You can't score 'points' from that.
Of course you have to focus on the obvious rather than the legitimate point that not ALL outers are 'fascists'.
Typical leavers spin and 'ignorance'. It's over now, we'll see tomorrow.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.png
Looks like we're staying

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
After many weeks of deliberation and trying to find some facts among all the crap, i have to make a decision.
Nobody really knows what is going to happen after the vote.
I have looked at the whole picture and not just on one particular issue which i am afraid many are seeming to do.
I have tried to stay away from personalities, because i detest Cameron and Osborne, but they are preferable to Boris, Gove and especially Farage.
So, if we leave this country still has to be run and the turmoil will be disastrous as Cameron does not get his own way.
The saved money will not be spent the way Brexit are saying it will be spent, i am not going to fall for politicians promises before an election, you know it wont happen.
I am sad that so many outers have concentrated on immigration alone, mostly wrong and very ignorant, but i agree that something has to be done.
I like the fact that i can wander around, or go and live anywhere i like in Europe.
I am very worried about workers rights.
I think that the economy will take a hit short term if we leave and our economy is still precarious, even though we are the 5th largest. We are far too reliant on financial services rather than manufacturing.
I wish we had never joined the EU in the first place and we were now a strong independent company but we have been in too long and a change would take a huge hit on the country.
Business wise and job wise i think to remain is the obvious choice.
I would like us to have proper, strong statesmen in Europe arguing and getting there own way for this country rather than the lily livered Cameron and Osborne.
The EU needs massive change, and needs to work together for the common good of Europe, but the idea of EU is basically a good thing, we need to be in it to change it .
I cannot gamble with the unknown, i dont trust what Boris and the others are saying about leaving, i cannot gamble with the economy and the rights of people.
I would love it to work for us if we left, but i do not think our current crop of politicians are good or strong enough to get the deals we would need if we left and the timescale is far too long.
I am going to vote having looked at the facts i could find and not with emotion, so for me there is only one sensible vote and that is REMAIN.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I knew all this, and it still doesn't tell me why you think he wants Turkey in.
As you say, I wouldn't trust him as far as i can spit him, he may tell Turkey he wants them in, however, I want to know the reasons YOU think he wants them in. Is it economic, security, or he just likes a Turkish massage?
My own believe is he no more wants Turkey in than you do, however he has to keep all his irons in the fire, Turkey is a bastion against Muslim terrorism, and a full NATO allie, that, for political reasons he has to keep sweet. It's called politics.

I think that it has already been put in place for Turkey to join in the near future, Dave is part of this welcoming committee, he is just one of the players who wants a giant juggernaut to rival the USA and China.....thus the EUSSR. The more the merrier.

“The EU will open new membership talks with Turkey as planned in a few days, EU diplomatic sources said Wednesday, just as Ankara’s accession becomes a hot-button issue in Britain’s vote on its future in the bloc.

One source, who asked not to be named, told AFP that EU member states will meet June 30 to agree to open a new negotiating chapter with Turkey.”

This morning John Major admitted it could happen in the next ten years. Yet Dave wants you to believe Turkey won’t join ’til the year 3000…

It has.

We're going to have this all the time aren't we. You can't will something not to be true. Turkey does not qualify for EU membership.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(
Greece didn't qualify for a bailout under EU rules. That soon got forgotten. The EU makes it's own rules.
Turkey won't be joining next week, next month or next year. By 2018 Merkel will be gone, Hollande will be gone and Cameron will be gone. New leaders, New treaty, New rules. Visa free travel first as a tester and then they are in.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I agree. Nigel Farage and his hard-right knuckle draggers have done themselves and the Leave campaign few favours. People have been turned off by the divisiveness and hatred they have generated.

"turned off "......is that why the very strong Remain vote has dwindled until there is little between the two...... :rolleyes:. Hang on, just another chance for your post to have no substance but a chance to get in "hard-right knuckle draggers" comments this time....try another post where you might be able to slide in racists, xenophobes etc.
Do you really think that if the polls are 52% to 48% that 48% are "hard-right knuckle draggers".......actually you probably do don't you.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I am voting leave, despite the fact that this apparently makes me a racist, uneducated old person? I don't know.

The way in which both sides have conducted themselves throughout the campaign has been disgraceful. The anger, hatred, fear and lies spread across the country these past few months have completely soured what should've been an open, honest, respectful debate that allowed all of us to make our own decision at our own discretion. Instead, both sides have preyed upon those that are not informed enough on the ins and outs of the organisation to be able to make such a judgment on it, because they know it's likely that these people will ultimately swing the vote.

I've stayed out of these threads because I've made my mind up as I'm sure the vast majority of you have, and I have more important things to be doing than getting in slanging matches about politics on a Brighton & Hove Albion message board unlike a couple of choice posters on here.

If your opinion differs from mine, fair enough. I'm voting the way I believe would be most beneficial for my family, my child and his future family and so on, as I'm sure most of you are too.

Expecting 54% Remain to 46% Leave.

I am a conservative and would not trust Cameron again,yet oddly he may just have pulled off the biggest coup in the history of General elections ever and assured Blue vote in 2020..why?

Having gained votes it the first place to beckon the party to power by offering a "referendum" to the British public,he knows that the public will vote remain and having lavishly told us how well the UK is doing,there clearly is no need for a future change of government in the short term....
I look at it another way. If we vote Leave, Farage and Ukip are finished. Their whole purpose of being is over.

If we vote remain by a small margin. There will be a lot voters who are thoroughly pissed off. Labour and Conservative leavers will be off in droves to the only party who gives them a voice. By voting to remain you will unlock the door to Farage who in his role as puppet state Britains biggest party will really kick off.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think you're wrong, Turkey still has a huge amount of ground to cover to be allowed into the club.
The armed occupation of another member state( wiith a veto, by the way) is only one of many complications to their being allowed in ,any time soon.
As I said in my last post, it is beneficial to the UK to keep Turkey onside, but, our Government no more want Turkey in than you do, no matter how much noise we make to the contrary

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think you're wrong, Turkey still has a huge amount of ground to cover to be allowed into the club.
The armed occupation of another member state( wiith a veto, by the way) is only one of many complications to their being allowed in ,any time soon.
As I said in my last post, it is beneficial to the UK to keep Turkey onside, but, our Government no more want Turkey in than you do, no matter how much noise we make to the contrary

Ok, let's see. Anyway, up at 5-30. Shall leave it to the Remainers in the day to keep me informed, they seem to be able to access the news and p.c's in daytime.
Vote tomorrow night for me.............OUT it is. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here