Eu Court For Falmer Fight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
BarrelofFun said:
I took that as the journalist had written that. Oh well.

Journalists may be the scum of the earth but I reckon any reputable hack would be able to spell 'councillor'.

I'd like to know on what grounds FPC would appeal to the European Court. What grounds applied in the Arsenal case, Lord B?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gwylan said:
Journalists may be the scum of the earth but I reckon any reputable hack would be able to spell 'councillor'.

I'd like to know on what grounds FPC would appeal to the European Court. What grounds applied in the Arsenal case, Lord B?

Unless the Falmer Parish have a counsellor, due to all the anguish caused by the potential invasion. ;)

I seem to remember that the Arsenal Stadium was referred to the European Court of Human Rights. The solicitors, acting for the tenants in Islington, claimed that a fair hearing was not given because Islington and Arsenal FC withheld vital financial information from the elected councillors who granted the planning permission.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Personally, I don't really believe this 'FPC persuaded LDC to action to the High Court' stuff. It implies the LDC are in PFC's pocket - and that really would be daft. LDC wouldn't give FPC 'a blank cheque'. They are taking liberties with taxpayers' money already. There would be shit to pay if Lewes coughed up even more to take it to Europe.

The mere fact that they would means that it's the local authority, the national government and the High Court have found in our favour. That carries a hell of a lot of weight.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
BarrelofFun said:
Unless the Falmer Parish have a counsellor, due to all the anguish caused by the potential invasion. ;)

I seem to remember that the Arsenal Stadium was referred to the European Court of Human Rights. The solicitors, acting for the tenants in Islington, claimed that a fair hearing was not given because Islington and Arsenal FC withheld vital financial information from the elected councillors who granted the planning permission.

So after TWO public enquiries, exactly what vital financial information have we withheld from Brighton City Council planning comittee, the Inspector, the ODPM & John Prescott.

Surely the City Council have already examined the club's business plan & found it to be perfectly satisfactory - the council's planning officers have already stated this, and we know that it has not been made public because it is ' commercial - in confidence ' information, relating to the preparation of tender documents etc etc.

If any lawyer advises FPC that they have a case at the European Level ( which only looks at the legality of whether a national government has the right to make a decision, in the case of planning issues then this surely is the case ) then they have to be complete bullshitters !

Exactly how has the public enquiry process infringed their rights ? Did they not have a sufficient opportunity to state their case at the TWO enquiries then ? Perhaps they should be asked NOW why they didn't make these issues known to the Inspector at the time of the enquiries, because as far as I remember, they made NO such complaint when both enquiries concluded, and prior to the Inspector starting his report.

Was it just because the decision went against them that they now want to protest? I think so.

Their argument is specious to the point of being deceitful and an outright lie !

And since the National Park does not yet exist, any argument based upon where precisely it's boundaries should lie has no bearing on this issue.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
yes_to_falmer_1.jpg

I hope this wasn't a waste of champagne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports