Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Etiquette for 'entertaining' Trades people....

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Shortly I will be having my bathroom revamped...I'm hoping the job will be completed within the week, although I might have to ban them spending time posting on NSC during daytime.
Normally if I have the need to use a trades person ...say a plumber who is carrying out a small piece of work, I offer a coffee etc....but as its for the week should I ask them to bring there own tea/coffee ..milk or sugar ...or should I go the other direction and lay on lunch and snacks.

PS I'll definitely be encouraging them to drink plenty of tea/coffee as it might make sure they connect up the new toilet on day one!

Wow a whole week, we had a bath tub, sink, toilet removed. Pipe work put under floorboards. A Seperate shower cubicle installed and new bath, sink and toilet in different places so some pipe work plus installation of a radiator all done in 2 days

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Wow a whole week, we had a bath tub, sink, toilet removed. Pipe work put under floorboards. A Seperate shower cubicle installed and new bath, sink and toilet in different places so some pipe work plus installation of a radiator all done in 2 days

HaHaHaHaHaHa :laugh:

Any tiling involved in that - we have two days + grouting:moo:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Lammie's wife's knickers don't sniff themselves you know ???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

???
Did DIY SOS or The A Team turn up ?

Seriously how many did you have working in your bathroom? And as [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] points out any tiling?
A shower cubical can not be installed before the tiles go up, the shower tray can.

I would like to see the quality of the work here.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
???
Did DIY SOS or The A Team turn up ?

Seriously how many did you have working in your bathroom? And as [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] points out any tiling?
A shower cubical can not be installed before the tiles go up, the shower tray can.

I would like to see the quality of the work here.

:thumbsup: Better to take longer and do the job properly

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Excellent job by Simmo and his assistant ...thoroughly recommend them...and they only ate half a packet of biscuits along with the tea.

:thumbsup:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Excellent job by Simmo and his assistant ...thoroughly recommend them...and they only ate half a packet of biscuits along with the tea.

:thumbsup:

Fibber :rolleyes: we never touched the biscuits coz they were out of date:ohmy:
[MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] has taken a fence after being called an assistant :eek:

We also do fencing if you want to get in touch:p

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
[MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] has thirty odd videos on our facebook page

But not the completed one of mine.....course I still need to finish the painting and then there's the cabinet handles that good old Victoriaplum haven't sent yet .......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here