Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Etiquette for 'entertaining' Trades people....

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Shortly I will be having my bathroom revamped...I'm hoping the job will be completed within the week, although I might have to ban them spending time posting on NSC during daytime.
Normally if I have the need to use a trades person ...say a plumber who is carrying out a small piece of work, I offer a coffee etc....but as its for the week should I ask them to bring there own tea/coffee ..milk or sugar ...or should I go the other direction and lay on lunch and snacks.

PS I'll definitely be encouraging them to drink plenty of tea/coffee as it might make sure they connect up the new toilet on day one!

I'll ask the old girl over the road. I think she charges about £10 an hour.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
2009 -Switzerland, working after the 2008 crash so we pay the mortgage and save up for the house extension

2010-2012 - working back in the UK, saving up for the house extension and teaching the architect how to measure and draw

2012-2013 - going to work to pay for building work and get warm as back of (north-facing) house missing and exposed to (winter) elements

2013-2014 - finishing off building/plumbing/electrical work ourselves ( electrical work in conjunction with son who is qualified electrician)

2015-16 - checking Calleri/Bolanos NSC threads every 30 milliseconds to no avail.......

What a shame, you are the second most boring man on NSC
Considering BG is the first you could beat him soon

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ok..I've not eaten them all..just licked the chocolate off....just digestives now...I'll re wrap them for u and young un
I'm on a diet so a nice bowl of fruit would be lovely![emoji519] [emoji521] [emoji529] [emoji524] [emoji530] [emoji106]

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
What a shame, you are the second most boring man on NSC
Considering BG is the first you could beat him soon

Thanks, I consider that a compliment.

Being a graduate mechanical design engineer who is now an IT consultant, that is effectively qualifying as a fully paid-up nerd, twice over.

When matched with zero inter-personal skills, it's no wonder that my wife calls me Billie-No-Mates ( on a good day).

However, this is a positive trait when sitting (alone) amongst the home supporters at away matches in London, Midlands, Aberdeen etc. and when travelling back late to London with Watford/Palace/Derby supporters etc..

The late travel back is a given as it is unthinkable to leave the ground without supporting the team fully, especially when ( occasionally) things have gone against us and as a point of honour, I wouldn't leave the stand if opposition fans were still celebrating in the next section.

It is a measure of how far the Albion have come, to actually progress far enough to be able to stumble at those hurdles in 2013 and 2014.

2016 could be the time we clear that final hurdle to the Premiership, and if not, 2017

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don't give, or offer tradesmen anything. It is, essentially, a sign of weakness.

They are being paid for the job ( no doubt, very well) and should provide all they need themselves.

Sign of weakness? Nonsense.

I'm a plumber and I mostly work in occupied houses doing small jobs directly for the homeowner, almost every customer offers me a cup of tea or coffee and I really appreciate it.
I sometimes get asked if I want or just given biscuits and cakes, some even offer to make me a sandwich at lunch time.

I see it as the customer being polite, I always treat my customers with respect and I feel I'm also treated with respect.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sign of weakness? Nonsense.

I'm a plumber and I mostly work in occupied houses doing small jobs directly for the homeowner, almost every customer offers me a cup of tea or coffee and I really appreciate it.
I sometimes get asked if I want or just given biscuits and cakes, some even offer to make me a sandwich at lunch time.

I see it as the customer being polite, I always treat my customers with respect and I feel I'm also treated with respect.
Hear hear!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There won't be any sandwiches

You may keep them out of the cafe and get your job finished a bit quicker :)

Also put some dust sheets down for them, I'm sure they have their own but this will save time. And make sure they have a parking space directly outside your house :whistle:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You may keep them out of the cafe and get your job finished a bit quicker :)

Also put some dust sheets down for them, I'm sure they have their own but this will save time. And make sure they have a parking space directly outside your house :whistle:

Dust sheets will be down ..its to catch all the biscuit crumbs...Simmo said he was catching the buss over ???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'm a chippy....it is always nice to be offered a cup of tea , preferably by the lady of the house......still in her nighty , hair messed up...etc...:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here