Essien/Raul rumours

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Yes. Ibrahimovic and Lampard too. My uncles' best mates babysitter's 3rd cousin 4 times removed saw them all at the amex with Gus.

At long last.....a decent sauce!!! just whats needed on NSC, someone with good solid inside information!! ...... can you get your best mates 3rd cousin 4 times removed to join NSC please, we are running very low on people who provide good solid info on future signings ............. I trust they are "in the know" regards Bobby Z and Michael Owen joining us before the start of the season??? :lol:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Have heard a few 'in the know' lads speak about us possibly signing Essien or Raul before the start of the season, surely there is no truth behind this ? anyone have any more information ? ...

They have both signed along with Caroll,Messi, that guys who plays for Real Madrid, the whole of the Valencia first team squad and Bert Figgis from Sutton United.
Just wish some people would pay attention sometime!

TNBA

TTF

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
At long last.....a decent sauce!!! just whats needed on NSC, someone with good solid inside information!! ...... can you get your best mates 3rd cousin 4 times removed to join NSC please, we are running very low on people who provide good solid info on future signings ............. I trust they are "in the know" regards Bobby Z and Michael Owen joining us before the start of the season??? :lol:

Yes, I hate it when people make these stories up! I think he mentioned that Drogba has moved into a house on his street as well, make of that what you will :wink: :smile:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why would Essien be more believable? I'm not saying it wont happen, just curious to know.

Yes it would be.

Raul - would need to decide the fortune being offered playing some Arab football, which he could still dominate in, for a battle in The Championship, rubbish weather and a fraction of the money.

Essien - would need to be in agreement with his manager that he is not currently a regular starter, and that is because when he does play, he's not looked match sharp enough. So the best thing for him to do is go somewhere that will give him decent level football week in week out, and where he WILL be first choice.

Unlikely, very, VERY unlikely, but I would say Essien is the less unlikely.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Just got back from Weather-spoons on George street and guess who was in there!?
You guessed it, Essien's wife!! and not only did she buy me a drink but also told me that Essien is going to sign for us sometime this week! She said the reason he's joining us is mainly down to the architecture of sussex university which he admires greatly.

I hate to disappoint you, but that was not Essien's wife or if it was she was lying to you. I once bumped into Essien on a train and told him I was a Brighton supporter and he said he'd been to the University and that in his opinion the architecture was, and I quote, "absolute shithouse".

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
They have both signed along with Caroll,Messi, that guys who plays for Real Madrid, the whole of the Valencia first team squad and Bert Figgis from Sutton United.

Ah, that brought back memories of Messy Carol, what a girl she was. Not someone to take home to meet the folks, but ah, they were the days.

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
ok so now obviously people are being stupid with these sort of rumours, but has anyone actually got any ideas/sources/people in the know who the midfielders or strikers are that we are talking to?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I hate to disappoint you, but that was not Essien's wife or if it was she was lying to you. I once bumped into Essien on a train and told him I was a Brighton supporter and he said he'd been to the University and that in his opinion the architecture was, and I quote, "absolute shithouse".

Then he would approve of us knocking some of it down to build our fabulous new home.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Then he would approve of us knocking some of it down to build our fabulous new home.

Hmmm, probably. But we didn't discuss that. We moved onto Neighbours and agreed that the fella who played Scott before Jason Donovan was a better actor.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hmmm, probably. But we didn't discuss that. We moved onto Neighbours and agreed that the fella who played Scott before Jason Donovan was a better actor.

Oh fair dos.

On a similar vein then, who was the more impressive soap opera dog, Bouncer (Neighbours) or Roly (Eastenders)?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Oh fair dos.

On a similar vein then, who was the more impressive soap opera dog, Bouncer (Neighbours) or Roly (Eastenders)?

Bouncer for me. Though both were trumped in my humble opinion by the finest dog in soap history Well 'ard.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Michael Owen has once again said that he will either stay in the Premier League or play abroad next season but will categorically not drop down a league.

Personally I think this is just a smoke screen to hide the fact that he and Tony are locked inside a suite at the Grand negotiating a deal as we speak......................... :dunce:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I heard that Essien has rented Lampard's house in Rustington. And invited Raul over for the weekend.

What a load of complete and utter bollocks

Lampard's house is in Ferring not Rustington

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bouncer for me. Though both were trumped in my humble opinion by the finest dog in soap history Well 'ard.

Well'ard is truly the daddy amongst dog performers.

It always makes me laugh to think of the conversation between the producers and Dean Gaffney, when they told him that his character, Robbie Jackson, was leaving.

"Oh no, but Robbie and Well'ard have become such loveable characters in the show, how can you write us out?" questioned Dean.
"Who said we're writing Well'ard out, do you think we're mad? You're going, the dog is STAYING."

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I once saw Dean Gaffney on the tube and the way he dealt with being asked "where's well'ard?" by assorted people was a joy to watch. His ability to be polite when clearly wanting to tell someone to f*** off was immense.

On another note, Essien liked Paul Robinson whereas I felt his nervous breakdown was one of the most enjoyable plotlines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports