Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESPN verdict: Relegated

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The same journo's tips at the beginning of the season were...

Top four: 1. Man City 2. Arsenal 3. Man United 4. Liverpool
Relegated: Huddersfield, Southampton, Brighton
Top scorer: Gabriel Jesus
Player of the Year: Paul Pogba

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The ESPN piece contains no analysis and no explanation for the verdicts. Plus Mark Ogden has spent most of his career in Manchester, so has little idea about us..

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Spread Betting Markets have us finishing up with 39pts in 13th spot, along with Southampton & Newcastle.

Capture 21.PNG

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The ESPN piece contains no analysis and no explanation for the verdicts. Plus Mark Ogden has spent most of his career in Manchester, so has little idea about us..

This! Was a bit disappointed that there is no reason given for their prediction.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm still holding out for a top ten finish, and not just because I lumped on £25 at 10/1. It's not that absurd either. Burnley have long term injuries, Everton are ordinary (and we have to play them), Leicester ought to finish above us but again we have to play them. If we can put away our must wins (and we have done pretty well so far), I wouldn't be surprised if we could launch a top 10 bid even with that grim run-in. And if we beat Arsenal, it's game on IMO.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I'm still holding out for a top ten finish, and not just because I lumped on £25 at 10/1. It's not that absurd either. Burnley have long term injuries, Everton are ordinary (and we have to play them), Leicester ought to finish above us but again we have to play them. If we can put away our must wins (and we have done pretty well so far), I wouldn't be surprised if we could launch a top 10 bid even with that grim run-in. And if we beat Arsenal, it's game on IMO.

Correct about Burnley...our two most creative players - Defour & Brady - won't play again this season but, one by one, other key playrs like Ward, Tarkowski, Wood and Heaton are now on the mend.

I think Brighton may well cut the six-point gap on us but, on paper, our last 10 games look significantly less difficult and I'd be disappointed to finish below the Seagulls. Home:- Everton, Leicester, Chelsea, Brighton, Boremouth; Away:- West Ham, West Brom, Watford, Stoke, Arsenal.

You are in better form at the moment, but we have just 2 of the Big Six left to play against your 5. On top of that we play you at home which is usually a slight advantage.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Correct about Burnley...our two most creative players - Defour & Brady - won't play again this season but, one by one, other key playrs like Ward, Tarkowski, Wood and Heaton are now on the mend.

I think Brighton may well cut the six-point gap on us but, on paper, our last 10 games look significantly less difficult and I'd be disappointed to finish below the Seagulls.

You are in better form at the moment, but we have just 2 of the Big Six left to play against your 5. On top of that we play you at home which is usually a slight advantage.

Indeed, I don't think we'll catch you, Leicester or Everton but we do have a chance because we have to play all 3 of you. We are certainly in a better place to grab a top 10 spot than we were at the beginning of the season. We were 10/1 before a ball was kicked, now in to a best priced 8/1.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
About half of Burnley fans - including me - do not want to finish 7th if it means Europe (a poison chalice unless you have a strong squad with plenty of depth).

Nor would I want Burnley to follow the West Ham/Southampton example of losing in a July qualifier to some eastern european minnow.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That has every team finishing in the position they're currently in, except with Hudds & Newc swapping position, and Burnley & Leicester likewise.

What a load of crap.

The super computer is clearly a load of shit. Every team gets 11 or 12 points, even West Brom. So basically everyone going at 1.2 points per game, when the entirety of the bottom half has not gone at that rate all season. West Brom would need three wins to get that many points, when they have only won three all season. I feel their computer must have over emphasised the chance of a win, most likely home wins.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just shows the Americans know nothing.

Palace safe, but star man is Zaha who is injured, so no points coming their way during his period on the sidlines.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a feeling those predictions are being made in isolation of each other and they've failed to consider the implications .......

The thing about predicting who'll get relegated is its all a bit of a lark (unless you're a Baggies supporter). You don't have to say 'I estimate that Brighton will stay up' and if wrong not only does the Albion Prexit, but you also lose your job and your house.....imagine if the country were run but nothing more substantial than a collection of second rate pundits.

Oh, hang on....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here