Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eric Bristow having a mare...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've not been in that situation so I can't say, but maybe if I had been physically abused for years by someone – and subsequently mentally scarred for life by his actions – the last thing I would want to do is be anywhere near him, let alone have any contact with him.

In any normal situation it would probably the presumed thing to fight back, but these are pretty extreme situations...

I was abused as a kid so I get what he says. Perhaps he was too.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I don't understand how thousands of people feel the need to add their comment on twitter that no-one will ever read or care about, why not just shrug and move on?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He f**ked up a bit, but the crux of his posts are correct are they not? Am I missing something?

The crux of his posts are if you are a victim of child abuse and you don't sort it out when you are older then you are a wimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't understand how thousands of people feel the need to add their comment on twitter that no-one will ever read or care about, why not just shrug and move on?

It's the silly people who retweet the comments, who make it so public. I know some make think it shows the original person up, but many agree with the sentiments.
I don't follow Bristow, & have no interest in following him, but I've seen his tweets, because of retweets.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The crux of his posts are if you are a victim of child abuse and you don't sort it out when you are older then you are a wimp.

Sorry but I disagree. Yes his tweets are a little bit on the tipsy side. But you don't 'sort it out' when you're older. It is something you keep much to yourself until you are able to deal with it. I am sure some take their revenge. But I think he's just saying that these people are cowards. I don't think he is saying to go get them. I really do get what he is saying. I have a notion that he had the experience.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Sorry but I disagree. Yes his tweets are a little bit on the tipsy side. But you don't 'sort it out' when you're older. It is something you keep much to yourself until you are able to deal with it. I am sure some take their revenge. But I think he's just saying that these people are cowards. I don't think he is saying to go get them. I really do get what he is saying. I have a notion that he had the experience.

By sort it out I meant take revenge, physically.
Otherwise I'm sorry, you've lost me a little. Are you saying he's calling the people who take revenge cowards? Sorry if I've misunderstood.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Sage advice. Think how many hundreds of hours, bordering on thousands of hours, per annum each person loses to Twatter, Farcebook, North Stand Chat and related bullshit. Oh for the pre-internet age (sighs ruefully)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I met Bristow about 7 years ago at a trade show, he came across as a complete cock, really full of himself.
Seems like he is still stuck in the 70s and early 80s when he was famous for being very good at a pub ' sport ' ???

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
By sort it out I meant take revenge, physically.
Otherwise I'm sorry, you've lost me a little. Are you saying he's calling the people who take revenge cowards? Sorry if I've misunderstood.

I am trying to understand him and at the same time confusing people! If you have had the experience you hate those people, but rarely take revenge. It can take a lifetime to understand what happened. I hated the person that did it to me but I never had thoughts of revenge. But I can understand him saying 'get the b*stards'. But in reality we never do.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I'm with Eric. Can't see what the problem is. He's entitled to his opinion & oh well some lefties who get easily offended (a la alleged homophobic chanting by fulham) will be offended again.

Storm in a teacup / trial by social media again = that's what's wrong with society

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm with Eric. Can't see what the problem is.

Yeah if only those abused weren't wimps eh ! That'll teach them

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I am trying to understand him and at the same time confusing people! If you have had the experience you hate those people, but rarely take revenge. It can take a lifetime to understand what happened. I hated the person that did it to me but I never had thoughts of revenge. But I can understand him saying 'get the b*stards'. But in reality we never do.

I think it's the wimp accusation that really makes the mind boggle.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was abused as a kid so I get what he says.
Sorry to hear that.

He f**ked up a bit, but the crux of his posts are correct are they not? Am I missing something?
Although I'm probably one of the more PC/permanently offended types, I'm not particularly outraged - but no, the crux of posts aren't quite right:

He referred to paedos as poofs (maybe he's part Russian) and he said that victims who don't beat up their abusers are wimps. While I can see that he imagines if he was a victim, he would go and give them a beating (with my approval), it is out of order to call the actual victims wimps for not doing the same.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It's taken a long time for the people who were abused to come forward. There maybe a number of reasons, but one that has been mentioned in the interviews etc is the shame and guilt they feel.

He is of course entitle to his opinion, but I'd suggest that Bristows comments don't help.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So all these "namby pamby" footballers who were raped as children should just MAN UP, like a darts player would.

Well said Eric. Next up on the Bristow agenda. How John Lowe would've sorted out that Syrian refugee crisis ? "Tell them to piss off back to Aleppo"
Jocky Wilson on immigration ? "Round them up and put them in camps"
Jim Bowen on date rape ? "Put it away love, you were begging for it"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here