[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Awful news but as stated at least picked up

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Devasting for the lad, I'm absolutely gutted. He was a player I enjoyed watching, he was developing very nicely and was one of the reasons I wasn't overly fussed about losing Bissouma. The abiding memories will be THAT goal at Anfield - one of the greatest strikes I've ever seen from a player in the stripes.

Just so gutted.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
DEA849A8-1CE7-45BB-80A8-A2A0E95AC316.jpeg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Jesus, that's awful news. I loved watching him play, and he is clearly a lovely bloke. I had such high hopes for him.

Poor Enock, I hope he has a happy and fulfilling life in whatever he chooses to do next.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I hope we at least offer him some sort of coaching role while he does his badges, so sorry to hear this news Enock. Wishing the best for you and your family.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very sad news. Certainly puts things into perspective.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Absolutely shocking news. Truly gutted for the lad. As others have said, on his day he was absolutely exceptional - definitely gave us something different in midfield. He always seemed to have a smile on his face too. Considering he was with us for such a short time, he scored two terrific goals. The one at Arsenal last season was such a clean strike.

Perhaps we could organise some sort of e-card/collective best wishes to him from NSC?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That is such terrible news for him and his family. As a bright, communicative man, hopefully he still has a future in the sport he loves.

Good luck Enoch. So, so disappointed that we won't see you playing at the Amex again.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
truly gutted about this, loved watching him play as you could tell he loved playing.

All the best too him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Just seen this news. How absolutely heartbreaking.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If it's possible to be gutted and happy at the same time then that's what I feel.

Nobody not ever will score a better goal than his at Anfield,cross my arse Sourness,enjoy your family Smiler.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Dreadful news, I feel so so sad. I thought the reports around his illness were a bit cryptic but I wasn't expecting this. Thank god the condition was found before it was too late.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching him, never quite knew exactly what you were going to get which made him even more enigmatic but some moments of absolute brilliance. I'm going to miss his big smile terribly.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Such sad news. Seemed a great character and decent player so will certainly be missed but health must come first. Wishing him well and hope he manages to find something within football to keep him with the game in some form. Thank you for your contribution Enoch and best wishes for the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports