Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England V Iran

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
But unfair on Kane - FIFA have said there will be game sanctions (ie yellow cards) if they wear them - it’s ridiculous that they can get yellows issued for kit non-compliance, it’s usually a fine. Several European teams involved and they have issued a joint statement.

Well done to Alex Scott for overtly wearing it in front of the camera.
Agreed, but let is be honest, she probably won't be on tv anywhere other than here in the UK.
It will make not a jot of difference in the grand scheme of things.
Sad but true.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[

But unfair on Kane - FIFA have said there will be game sanctions (ie yellow cards) if they wear them - it’s ridiculous that they can get yellows issued for kit non-compliance, it’s usually a fine. Several European teams involved and they have issued a joint statement
Well done to Alex Scott for overtly wearing it in front of the camera.
I don’t think it’s unfair on Kane but my disappointment wasn’t specifically at him even though my post did suggest that. I’m disappointed with all the various captains and various national associations which have all caved in.

Regarding your last point, it will be interesting to see what players do in interviews, Manuel Neuer has a bit of “previous” with this.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
nothing wrong with Mount , at least starting him would show an attacking intent and lets face it , with slab head and skeletor at cb we need to concentrate on winning 7-3 today........not that im bothered , in the slightest.....at all.

Foden over mount surely?

But yes, concur on the defence

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
[

I don’t think it’s unfair on Kane but my disappointment wasn’t specifically at him even though my post did suggest that. I’m disappointed with all the various captains and various national associations which have all caved in.

Regarding your last point, it will be interesting to see what players do in interviews, Manuel Neuer has a bit of “previous” with this.

We want to highlight the cause; we don't care about punishments as the message is greater

a yellow card? well we are out of this then

Just dont say anything, its better all round.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is that some sort of new slogan for the LBGT+ movement?
Could be couldn’t it? But no it’s just me determined to avoid any negativity on here during the tournament

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought the Rugby was on Saturday ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here