Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England V Iran

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Great watch. Attacking and lovely football. Gareth continuing in tournaments where we left off.

Take note the knockers !
Not wishing to piss on everyone’s bonfire but it was Iran. If we can stick 3 or 4 past the colonials and Taffs then you may have a point.

Last edited:

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
What's disappointing, although not unsurprising, is FIFA's stance.

The risk of a yellow card for Kane, before a ball has even been kicked, is too great.

Additionally with the Netherlands, the nation behind the One Love armband, already declaring they had backtracked and won't wear it, I'd be surprised if any country will be seen in it now.
Denmark said they will

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not wishing to piss on everyone’s bonfire but it was Iran. If we can stick 3 or 4 past the colonials and Taffs then you may have a point.
It’s true, but the ‘golden generation’ would have stuttered past that lot 1-0. This England team seem to steamroller lesser opposition with ease, which is great to see.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
England looked decent but the numbers lie a fair bit... very, very efficient. 7 shots on goal is the least you can expect. Can't expect that silly level of efficieny again.

Obviously a promising start though but would hold my horses before dreaming (nightmares) of England winning the cup.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It’s true, but the ‘golden generation’ would have stuttered past that lot 1-0. This England team seem to steamroller lesser opposition with ease, which is great to see.
True but we will still f*** it up against a ‘good side’. I would argue that the good sides now aren’t anywhere the standard of the teams we’ve been knocked out by in previous competitions. The completion only really gets going after the group stage so qualifying Is the mission.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
England looked decent but the numbers lie a fair bit... very, very efficient. 7 shots on goal is the least you can expect. Can't expect that silly level of efficieny again.

Obviously a promising start though but would hold my horses before dreaming (nightmares) of England winning the cup.
The numbers do lie a fair bit in knock out games because when a tournament game is won (half time) there is no real need to do anything in the 2nd half at all.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t like any of the home nations or The Rep.
I do think I have a superiority complex though.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The weird thing is pretty much every game has been sold out since the resale in September. The odd game pops up but doesn’t stay there long. We’ve been trying to get some tickets for other games out there without any success.

Can only assume the locals have grabbed a lot of the $30 ‘residents’ tickets and not bothered to attend for various reasons

It’s the same every tournament, in South Africa we did manage to get Brazil v Chile while out there by walking up to a ticketing centre, but it’s all online / via the app nowadays

The commentary got it wrong.

The capacity was 45k and it was a sell out.

The BBC commentary has been pitiful so far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here