Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England Squad

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Couple of newish faces

Goalkeepers: Nick Pope, Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Coady, Marc Guehi, Reece James, Harry Maguire, Tyrone Mings, Luke Shaw, John Stones, Ben White.

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse.

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Bukayo Saka, Emile Smith Rowe, Raheem Sterling.

Pickford, Mings, Mcguire shouldnt be anywhere near the squad

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Palace Southgate picks two Palace players, is it?

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
Couple of newish faces

Goalkeepers: Nick Pope, Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Coady, Marc Guehi, Reece James, Harry Maguire, Tyrone Mings, Luke Shaw, John Stones, Ben White.

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse.

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Bukayo Saka, Emile Smith Rowe, Raheem Sterling.

Pickford, Mings, Mcguire shouldnt be anywhere near the squad

Cant really argue with the inclusion of the two Palace players based on form, but frustrating when we've had our own form players overlooked in the past few seasons!

A few names stick out to me- Mings & Smith-Rowe. The likes of BDB and Tomori will probably both feel very put out to have been left out in favour of Mings who has looked awful at times this season. Smith-Rowe was great in the first half of this season but has had limited minutes since the new year and really fizzled out. I imagine Bowen would have taken his place had he not unfortunately got injured just as he was in great form.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
6 centre halves, one left back?

Maguire and Stones are nailed on for the world cup if fit, Coady and Mings inexplicably too, so I'd guess that White And Guehi are there to compete for fifth centre back or first reserve. Similarly Gallagher and Ward-Prowse for one midfield spot. I think we can confidently say that Rice, Phillips, Henderson, Mount and Bellingham will all be in the world cup squad if fit.

Jared Bowen must be disappointed to not have been given a look.

Edit: Oh. Just seen Bowen is injured.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Dan Burn is unlucky there, with the lack of left back cover in the squad. Could see a back 3 for at least one of the games, or part of one of them.

Personally, I think it's Fikayo Tomori who has been mugged off. Jacob Ramsey is unfortunate but Emile Smith-Rowe is very lucky to be in the squad given his lack of appearances and performances for Arsenal lately.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Webster is a better player than Guehi. Adam must be gutted to see this season and his England chances for the World Cup fall apart.

One name that excites me is Conor Gallagher. The sooner he leaves Palace and returns to Chelsea the better. He is the sort of energetic, infectious, vibrant footballer the Albion are crying out for.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Looks fine.

Bit surprised to see all the 'why no Brighton payers' and 'Mings is shit' comments. I though the Albion was an iredeemable mess with a gormless manager and numpty past it not-bovvered players?

:shrug:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Squad is so bad.

Stones and shaw never play so not sure why they are there.

Maguire is as bad as Duffy.

Midfield very weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
But why’d he let it bounce?

What a bounce though, straight over Dunk and Webster :p
I just don’t get the so called “ Palace bias” by Southgate. Both players were picked on merit,Guehi, 21 and captain, probably has the best stats by any English CB, whereas Gallagher has been superb .
Both well deserved .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here