Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England squad announced for the Euros

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm genuinely excited by this squad. Feel quite a bit for Drinkwater and personally I would have taken one more defender and Townsend but compared to the DROSS of the last 2 tournament squads this is great to see a team of form players.

Kane, Vardy, Rooney (since dropping to CAM), Alli, Wilshire(not played, but seriously, what a talent).

Yeah you have your Milners and Hendersons but every squad needs that stability.

And for once our bench will look genuinely dangerous. Sturridge and Rashford are fine options and Barkley has that potential to change a game.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Jack Wilshire has not played a full 90 minutes for Arsenal since September 2014 yet still made the team ahead of Drinkwater.

Mad if you ask me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Jack Wilshire has not played a full 90 minutes for Arsenal since September 2014 yet still made the team ahead of Drinkwater.

Mad if you ask me.

Wilshere's fitness history means that he would always be a risk, but its one he HAD to take.

Drinkwater is a perfectly decent midfielder (and I'd have no complaints if he'd made it ahead of Henderson, for one), but he's not in (a fit) Wilshere's class. Not even close.

You can't be picking someone who is simply adequate, over someone who IF he stays fit is simply a lot better. We have to go there trying to win it, not just plod through with mediocre shirt-fillers.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
So The only team we have actually BEATEN "recently" in a knockout game is Denmark, back in 2002.

Wow that is shocking... That Denmark game was the first England game i saw with my girlfriend... and that seems yeeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrrs ago...

I'd like to have seen Noble or Drinkwater go... Townsend would have been a good winger with pace to bring on for another attacking option.

I'm finding that all the players i dislike going for various reasons are all Liverpool..

Lallana, Henderson, Sturridge, Milner

The sight of Rooney on any team sheet worries me. He is a liability and overrated at that however his new deeper role will be better.

I think we may go far this tournament... Exciting and attacking football. 2 England strikers who came 1st and 2nd in the prem top goalscorers list the season before the tournament. When was the last time that happened.

Quietly confident... Rather Vardy plays down the middle though

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wow that is shocking... That Denmark game was the first England game i saw with my girlfriend... and that seems yeeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrrs ago...

I'd like to have seen Noble or Drinkwater go... Townsend would have been a good winger with pace to bring on for another attacking option.

I'm finding that all the players i dislike going for various reasons are all Liverpool..

Lallana, Henderson, Sturridge, Milner

The sight of Rooney on any team sheet worries me. He is a liability and overrated at that however his new deeper role will be better.

I think we may go far this tournament... Exciting and attacking football. 2 England strikers who came 1st and 2nd in the prem top goalscorers list the season before the tournament. When was the last time that happened.

Quietly confident... Rather Vardy plays down the middle though

Watching the friendly v Portugal we seem to be still not sure of a formation that works as Rooney HAS to play. So much so that in order to play Vardy and Kane upfront, Alli has to play out of position.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Watching the friendly v Portugal we seem to be still not sure of a formation that works as Rooney HAS to play. So much so that in order to play Vardy and Kane upfront, Alli has to play out of position.

This is the England way. Name the 11 highest earning individuals who are fit and hope between them they can work it out

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Screen grab for those that didn't see it.

hong-kong-phooey.png

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This is the England way. Name the 11 highest earning individuals who are fit and hope between them they can work it out

Spot on and why we will never succeed at international level square pegs in round holes

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Watching England play these days is so dull and with the advertising hoardings it feels like you're just watching a 45min ad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here