Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England squad announced for the Euros

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
For me Sterling is a lightweight showboating no trick pony that prances around the pitch like a ballerina without a tutu(clue)
Townsend all day long for me

This with bells on. The only people who rate him are Liverpool fans because of how they FLEECED City for five times his value and ROY.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can see a justification for squeezing Drinkwater in, maybe ahead of Henderson, but certainly not ahead of Wilshere. Wilshere is twice the player Drinkwater is.

Even if he breaks down again, I'd rather have Wilshere playing at his best for two games, than Drinkwater sat as an unused sub for the whole tournament.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Goldson for Smalling for me. The boy has been CRIMINALLY overlooked ;)

In all seriousness, Wilshere can count himself lucky. Three games in the league this season, yet his tissue paper legs get the nod. Mental.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't understand why Defoe is not in the squad, in form and a decent back up, rather have him than Rashford or Sturridge

Defoe is 33. Its time to look towards the FUTURE of this England team. Rashford's link-up play is already better than Defoes, and he's still something of an unknown quantity to unleash off the bench for us. His inclusion this summer will stand him in good stead for 2018 as well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Defoe is 33. Its time to look towards the FUTURE of this England team. Rashford's link-up play is already better than Defoes, and he's still something of an unknown quantity to unleash off the bench for us. His inclusion this summer will stand him in good stead for 2018 as well.

That's the thing. The current squad in the main are young kids who don't know their place or their supposed limitations. Unlike the pure ponce Golden Generation or whatever they were called who swanned around like they owned the place. Reckon this will be a triumph of youth over experience. They may not win the tournament but they'll die trying and give the fans some proper thrills and spills along the way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's the thing. The current squad in the main are young kids who don't know their place or their supposed limitations. Unlike the pure ponce Golden Generation or whatever they were called who swanned around like they owned the place. Reckon this will be a triumph of youth over experience. They may not win the tournament but they'll die trying and give the fans some proper thrills and spills along the way.

Agreed, we're certainly going to be nowhere near winning this tournament, primarily because we don't have a defence to speak of. Best we can hope for is a shit-or-bust punt at it with some exciting performances and goals along the way. With a dollop of luck, at the absolute best we might stumble our way to a semi-final, being as there is so much additional junk and flotsam in the tournament this year. But we'll be picked off by the first proper team we face, probably in the Quarters.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed, we're certainly going to be nowhere near winning this tournament, primarily because we don't have a defence to speak of. Best we can hope for is a shit-or-bust punt at it with some exciting performances and goals along the way. With a dollop of luck, at the absolute best we might stumble our way to a semi-final, being as there is so much additional junk and flotsam in the tournament this year. But we'll be picked off by the first proper team we face, probably in the Quarters.

Have you been looking at the other squads as they are announced.

They are REALLY not that strong.

Germany look short of cover at the back. Spain meh. France decent.

What we will see is a very EVEN tournament. The top teams are not THAT good, the lower ranked - SLOVAKIA for one, will be quite good.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Whilshere - the bloke who's more in love with the idea of being a professional footballer than actually being one.
Sturridge - the bloke who's obviously not mentally strong enough to be a pro.

Sums England up when you leave players behind who'd give their all for you and yet take other players who probably won't make 90 minutes between them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have you been looking at the other squads as they are announced.

They are REALLY not that strong.

Sure. But then neither are we. And I've been watching England long enough to know that we simply cannot cope with a major nation in a knockout game. Seriously, who is the last PROPER team we have actually knocked out ? I think it was probably Spain in 96, and that was a jammy one that Wednesday would have been proud of (plus we were at home).

I'd love to be wrong, but the template is a familiar one and I don't see this squad changing it. We'll get through the group, and fail against the very first decent nation we face. Its what we do !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sure. But then neither are we. And I've been watching England long enough to know that we simply cannot cope with a major nation in a knockout game. Seriously, who is the last PROPER team we have actually knocked out ? I think it was probably Spain in 96, and that was a jammy one that Wednesday would have been proud of (plus we were at home).

I'd love to be wrong, but the template is a familiar one and I don't see this squad changing it. We'll get through the group, and fail against the very first decent nation we face. Its what we do !

Of course, technically, that is what HALF of the teams in every tournament do. Obviously.

This England team IS a little different, to previous ones, I feel. They'll go for it, and at least give themselves a CHANCE against a good side, rather than playing within themselves, and going out 1-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here