Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England footballer arrested on suspicion of having sex with a 14yo girl

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What an absolute idiot if true!

That's his England career over. Really hoping it's all just bullshit, he's a tidy player :nono:

11 caps, and he hasn't played for England for 3 years. He's been utter gubbins at Sunderland. I think his England career was over some time ago.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very wrong that he has been named, tarnished whatever now

Dec 29, 2011
I think its outrageous the media name someone involved in this when nothing has been proved. I know it happens all the time but there is a process to go through

I don't think they should be named. For a lot of people being arrested for child sex offenses is just as good as committing them, whether found guilty or not. If Johnson isn't guilty this is still something he'll have to live with for the rest of his life now, even if it's just made up by the accuser.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Very wrong that he has been named, tarnished whatever now

Well, the initial statement from the media said a 27 year old man from Durham, putting 2 and 2 together - people got Adam Johnson - though some also pointed the finger at Joe Hart and Andy Carroll on Twitter......wonder if their lawyers saw any of it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Can't believe they have named him.

If true what a dirty ****. Hope its not for his sake.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Makes no real difference, anything under 16? (I think) and its still illegal

Actually the age of the girl does make a massive difference (although the reported age of 14 or 15 makes no difference in this case). If the girl is under 13 she cannot have legally given consent so the accused can be tried for rape and there is no defence of being mistaken about the girls age. If the girl is 13 and over then consent can be given so the offence becomes sex with a minor and the accused can use the defence of thinking she was above 16.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Actually the age of the girl does make a massive difference (although the reported age of 14 or 15 makes no difference in this case). If the girl is under 13 she cannot have legally given consent so the accused can be tried for rape and there is no defence of being mistaken about the girls age. If the girl is 13 and over then consent can be given so the offence becomes sex with a minor and the accused can use the defence of thinking she was above 16.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, sex with a minor isn't as bad as rape I suppose but still it would end his career if found guilty

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Arrested on suspicion means questioning under caution. It doesn't mean he's been charged with anything, yet.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Only if the suspect is under 24 (I think, criminal law was a while back).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, sex with a minor isn't as bad as rape I suppose but still it would end his career if found guilty

I've broken it down to it's quite basic form, there are other things they can end up being charged with, like Grooming (if they met on or they find evidence on computers of the accused using the net to convince her to perform the act), there is also the quite disturbing sounding Assault by Penetration both of which can be used no matter the age of the girl and the evidence of consent.

Only if the suspect is under 24 (I think, criminal law was a while back).

When did you do criminal law? The Sexual Offences Act 2003 changed a lot of things, the age of 24 is no longer an upper limit.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here