Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enforced sitting in the North stand tomorrow

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I sit in the south end of WSL, first thing - the north stand need to get over themselves, yes you make a bit of noise but you're a little stand compared to the rest of us, the majority of fans who see you as essential atmosphere makers is yourselves.

Secondly, since the away fans were shunted round the corner, the south stand Brighton fans have brought a good vocal presence so much so that the Brighton Boys chant now only happens between the south and north. The south do all their singing sitting down. Funny that.

The South stand are fast replacing the WSU as the 2nd most vocal group in the ground-good work

Feb 14, 2010
This is so moronic. Is there a chance that anyone that gets banned from the Amex today can equally be banned from NSC to save us all from their childish rantings.

Try and find the humour in it all. Fom a distance this hissy fit by the Albion middle management is hillarious

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
You could never know what it's like
Your blood like winter freezes just like ice
And there's a cold lonely light that shines from you
You'll wind up like the wreck you hide behind that mask you use
And did you think this fool could never win
Well look at me, I'm coming back again
I got a taste of love in a simple way
And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
The kop dont allow standing.

The bloke was saying that when the Kop sing, they do sat sat down like the south at Brighton. You know, he knows and we all know that is just wrong. The Kop stand up to sing, as does the south at Brighton. The analogy with Leeds, Spurs and all over the country is a good one. As is the fact that the club have chosen to fight a battle to stop their punters enjoying themselves and creating an atmosphere is the point. If you want to jump up and down like at Man City, then go North stand, if you want a seat, then west stand lower is the place to be. That is why its sensible for 13 clubs to have backed standing. S

Im all for having standing areas at football and hope that it does become part of the Amex

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The club have no problem with people standing when there is action, they have no problem with people standing to sing a song, they have a problem with persistant standing.

So when you want to sing, stand up, sing your song and then sit down.

If the ball is near the goal, stand up enjoy then sit down.

When we score, stand up, cheer, clap, sing and shout..... and then sit down.

Is it that difficult?

Oh and BTW I hear Richard Hebberd is no longer at the club, and has been replaced by Dave Baker??

Feb 14, 2010
The club have no problem with people standing when there is action, they have no problem with people standing to sing a song, they have a problem with persistant standing.

So when you want to sing, stand up, sing your song and then sit down.

If the ball is near the goal, stand up enjoy then sit down.

When we score, stand up, cheer, clap, sing and shout..... and then sit down.

Just think on this for a second and you will see how bloody daft that policy is. I want to sit down myself, my days of the north stand, east terrace and west terrace of the goldstone are over. So when I want a seat, I dont want to jump up every 5 minutes like a yo yo, so I'm more a west stand lower person myself. But let the kids coming through and the more boistrous than me enjoy themselves. Live and let live, deliver choice, deliver a good service, deliver what the punter wants, just do things as they should be done.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Im all for having standing areas at football and hope that it does become part of the Amex

The Away end at Charlton is an all standing arena-it was fantastic just like the old days-stood for 90 minutes

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

As Bozza has already said do not take your frustrations out on the Stewards tomorrow when you are told to sit down, just get your coat and leave the ground in protest , we stand in row Q and are leaving when told to sit and will do every game .Next season away games only for me, some people on the waiting list can have our seats:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:The Falmer will be the library that the Emirates is

I`m with you. I can`t believe all the bitchy comments you`re getting. We all want football to be a passionate, exciting experience and those that refuse to see the game they love turn in to some boring, tame, soul-less dross are the true fans, not those that sit meekly by whilst football as we know and love it is destroyed.:bhasign:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Just think on this for a second and you will see how bloody daft that policy is. I want to sit down myself, my days of the north stand, east terrace and west terrace of the goldstone are over. So when I want a seat, I dont want to jump up every 5 minutes like a yo yo, so I'm more a west stand lower person myself. But let the kids coming through and the more boistrous than me enjoy themselves. Live and let live, deliver choice, deliver a good service, deliver what the punter wants, just do things as they should be done.

Yep thought for a second and don't see your point. There is no problem anywhere else in the ground, this is a North Stand issue, if you want to stay sat for the whole game you are in the right place. If someone wants to sing, shout etc... then they want to be in the North, as a result this may mean more up and down than other areas of the ground.

There is no scope for choice or what the punter wants. To be in this division or higher we must have an all-seater stadium as per the laws of the Football league. If a club has an all-seater stadium then persistant standing will not be tollerated.

Feb 14, 2010
Yep thought for a second and don't see your point. There is no problem anywhere else in the ground, this is a North Stand issue, if you want to stay sat for the whole game you are in the right place. If someone wants to sing, shout etc... then they want to be in the North, as a result this may mean more up and down than other areas of the ground.

There is no scope for choice or what the punter wants. To be in this division or higher we must have an all-seater stadium as per the laws of the Football league. If a club has an all-seater stadium then persistant standing will not be tollerated.

I hear what you are saying Postman Pat (now that makes me laugh, how daft do I feel writing to postman pat!). Buts its the slant and where the clubs middle management come from. Nobody is talking about closing Leeds, or Spurs or grounds up and down the country where standing is well, just happening. So the middle management at Brighton have picked a strange fight, against the tide of opinion, that they will never win. Its also a strange time to pick this fight when 13 clubs have voted for standing and its more than that for me. I question why they really want to do things that p!ss people off, its just coming at things from the wrong direction. Be focussed on delivering choice and what people want. That should for me, be the aim. Being officious on this issue is just the wrong line to go down. If people stand up all the time in say the family stand or the west stand lower then that is the place for words to be had, but not the north stand. Its the same with 10,000 empty seats at Charlton and Brighton fans who couldnt get in. Just the wrong approach, and a lack of imagination ended up in a worse financial result for the Charlton business That's my two penneth anyway.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Was told to sit down for the first at the AMEX today, despite there being a wall behind us, in the WSL.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No...nothing out of the ordinary......some people got letters, most people tod them to stuff em.

I assume it will be different at millwall game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here