Enforced sitting in the North stand tomorrow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
As Bozza has already said do not take your frustrations out on the Stewards tomorrow when you are told to sit down, just get your coat and leave the ground in protest , we stand in row Q and are leaving when told to sit and will do every game .Next season away games only for me, some people on the waiting list can have our seats:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:The Falmer will be the library that the Emirates is

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Good, hope you enjoy the extra free time you have on your hands.

I'm confused as to why you think Brighton should have a different set of rules to every other club in the Premier League & Championship.

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
Couldnt agree more with first post - surrendering my NS Season ticket

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Good, hope you enjoy the extra free time you have on your hands.

I'm confused as to why you think Brighton should have a different set of rules to every other club in the Premier League & Championship.

I accept most on here will disagree with me on this one but the rules are wrong,we are no longer fenced in like we were in the 80`s the events that happened then would not occur now .Modern stadia are very safe places to stand in.One stand in every ground should have standing allowed to get prices down for the average family man to be able to take his kids to the game on a Saturday, as they are in all of the rest of europe.Falmer will be a library by the end of the season if this is enforced

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Couldnt agree more with first post - surrendering my NS Season ticket

Come and join us in the WSU. We have a great time.

Until the rules is changed, thems is the rules. Petition to change it by all means.

Now, if the whole stadium stood throughout a game in a bid to mark the need for safe standing then I'd be up for that.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Can't help but think tomorrow could descend into chaos :(

Why? Because some big talkers are making wild claims on here?

Talk is cheap. Wait for actions, if there are any, and talk then. The "North Stand vs Stewards" issue will rumble for as long it's a worthy distraction. Hopefully there'll be a happy resolution on a match day before too long.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
looks like crawley will be gaining a few fans which must be a result all round :lolol:

Oh and Hebberd is responsible for policing ground safety not Barber. The people campaigning for standing have given him the exact opportunity he has been seeking to crack down :thumbsup:

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
Having spent most of my youth standing in the glorified toilets that were described as stands back in the 80's I'm quite happy now to have a comfy seat. However I do think that times have changed and that the club should at least engage with the supporters. I know it's the law blah blah blah but don't just make threats to supporters. This club owes just as much to the fans who kept turning up through thick and thin as the money men with their millions. We are in danger of going full circle where supporters count for nothing, just give us your money and keep your mouth shut. So called journalists like Naylor have duty to be impartial and report both sides of any debate but he just seems happy to reprint the company line and not ask any questions.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Why? Because some big talkers are making wild claims on here?

Talk is cheap. Wait for actions, if there are any, and talk then. The "North Stand vs Stewards" issue will rumble for as long it's a worthy distraction. Hopefully there'll be a happy resolution on a match day before too long.
What's got your knickers in a twist? You will notice I wrote 'could' and not 'will' descend into chaos. Me saying there could be chaos is merely hypothetical, just the same as you saying there wont be. Thanks anyway

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
good, hope you enjoy the extra free time you have on your hands.

I'm confused as to why you think brighton should have a different set of rules to every other club in the premier league & championship.

because standing at football happens at every premier league,championship,champions league,world cup,european cup,and even the f***ing 2012 olympics.
Gus poyet stands every f***ing game as did the whole albion groundstaff and non playing squad/youth team members at withdean.
When will you slow morons get the message,the rules only apply when twattish morons try to implement them .the rest of world football ignore them.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
why dont you sit down on the nice padded seats it better then those crappy plastic seats

Not for me followed the Albion since i was 10 always sing always stand if you want a library like the Emirates good for you . Next season away games only for me . You can all sit in silence at the Falmer but i will not be there

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not for me followed the Albion since i was 10 always sing always stand if you want a library like the Emirates good for you . Next season away games only for me . You can all sit in silence at the Falmer but i will not be there

What can you do standing that you can't do sitting? Do the extra couple of feet of elevation make that much difference? The atmosphere in WSU always seems OK to me despite the fact we are sat most of the time.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Don't necessarily agree with all that you are saying, but fair play to you MN for sticking with your principles. I'm in row J of B block and not fussed either way, you stick to your guns mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports