[Albion] Enciso gets the Number 10

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If only Andy Naylor would pipe up and dismiss it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He doesn't care too much. People will read it. He's posted a lot of decent info quickly and always attributes the source. He just aggregates tweets. I have no problem with it as I usually can decide for myself how likely something is from examining the source. Lots of people are making the mistake that Brighton Bubble is a source.
It’s also good that he attempts to grace his source quality and isn’t afraid to up or down grade where needed

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Certainly come on and become an extremely valuable member of the team. Was fantastic on Saturday. Terrible timing for him and the club.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I expect there's a lot of middle aged 6 a siders on here who know very well how to tear their meniscus playing on a Thursday night ha ha . I tore mine last year - its ok now but took quite the while to recover. Luckily its a lot quicker if you're not as ancient as me. And fingers crossed its not a bad tear . Could well be a strain .
Is your knee 100% ok now, did you have an operation?
I did mine 2 years ago working and couldn’t get up off the floor straight away, took a few physio visits and exercise to help.
Mine still isn’t 100% now and occasionally locks, but nowhere near as painful as when I tore it.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
let’s hope Enciso has never seen the film “Single white Female“ 😱
IMG_0919.jpeg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is your knee 100% ok now, did you have an operation?
I did mine 2 years ago working and couldn’t get up off the floor straight away, took a few physio visits and exercise to help.
Mine still isn’t 100% now and occasionally locks, but nowhere near as painful as when I tore it.
I did physio and had an op as an option but - as that would have taken a couple of years in the NHS - in the end exercise/physio resolved it. (Running, swimming and I still play football) .

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
If only Andy Naylor would pipe up and dismiss it.
in that sense, naylor is a busted flush these days. virtually no exclusive news, pretty much the last one one to report on confirmed news and (purposely?) vague when answering questions e.g the diaz tweet today.

nothing you’d get from him that wouldn’t also appear imminently on club channels

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
in that sense, naylor is a busted flush these days. virtually no exclusive news, pretty much the last one one to report on confirmed news and (purposely?) vague when answering questions e.g the diaz tweet today.

nothing you’d get from him that wouldn’t also appear imminently on club channels
You mean he doesn't just make stuff up or report baseless rumours? Guy is an absolute plum.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

The Athletic quite often has exclusive news about the Albion and always has well sourced news (compared to others) - with Andy's reporting - but to expect it or Andy to lead on every single story about the club and compare it to 10 years ago or even 5 years ago - when the Argus pretty much had that monopoly -is a bit of stretch. They are now arguably one of the top clubs in the world for interest with scores of journalists reporting on their every move in every corner of the globe every minute of the day - so others will sometimes get scoops etc. PS: you certainly don't get pieces like this about Caicedo and his replacement - on the club channels >> https://theathletic.com/4770338/2023/08/18/brighton-caicedo-replacement-premier-league/ or https://theathletic.com/4771295/2023/08/23/chelsea-liverpool-caicedo-lavia/

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
First of all, best wishes to Julio, I'm very much hoping this is all internet b******* and there's nothing wrong with him, or it's all minor or precautionary.

If it is serious, do we get someone in? My view is that unless we find someone who can improve us, we have enough.

For a front 4, 7 fighting it out, those being ...

Welbeck
Ferguson
Mitoma
March
Adingra
Pedro
Lallana

Is enough to be able to rotate under normal circumstances. If if we have a hideous injury crisis, we also have credible cover options

Buonanotte - RDZ has shown he's not afraid to play him in big games
Gross - I actually think his best position is in behind the striker (Dahoud or Alzate could adopt a similar position)
Lamptey - He's getting minutes in u21 games, can help us on the right wing
Milner - played most of his career on right wing

In addition, if it gets to January and we're struggling, I guess we have a recall on Sarmiento, or much less likely use the Romanian lad

Of course, if we can find a player who is genuinely a squad improver, Cole Palmer, probably would be for example, then fine get him in.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
First of all, best wishes to Julio, I'm very much hoping this is all internet b******* and there's nothing wrong with him, or it's all minor or precautionary.

If it is serious, do we get someone in? My view is that unless we find someone who can improve us, we have enough.

For a front 4, 7 fighting it out, those being ...

Welbeck
Ferguson
Mitoma
March
Adingra
Pedro
Lallana

Is enough to be able to rotate under normal circumstances. If if we have a hideous injury crisis, we also have credible cover options

Buonanotte - RDZ has shown he's not afraid to play him in big games
Gross - I actually think his best position is in behind the striker (Dahoud or Alzate could adopt a similar position)
Lamptey - He's getting minutes in u21 games, can help us on the right wing
Milner - played most of his career on right wing

In addition, if it gets to January and we're struggling, I guess we have a recall on Sarmiento, or much less likely use the Romanian lad

Of course, if we can find a player who is genuinely a squad improver, Cole Palmer, probably would be for example, then fine get him in.
I think you have highlighted the two options that many overlook in Lallana and Gross.
I agree that both can do an excellent job in the number 10 position. We have options here.
Let’s hope Julio is only out for a short time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports