Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How has this turned into a thread about fan injuries? Only on NSC :lolol:

What news of Julio?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
The Athletic quite often has exclusive news about the Albion and always has well sourced news (compared to others) - with Andy's reporting - but to expect it or Andy to lead on every single story about the club and compare it to 10 years ago or even 5 years ago - when the Argus pretty much had that monopoly -is a bit of stretch. They are now arguably one of the top clubs in the world for interest with scores of journalists reporting on their every move in every corner of the globe every minute of the day - so others will sometimes get scoops etc. PS: you certainly don't get pieces like this about Caicedo and his replacement - on the club channels >> https://theathletic.com/4770338/2023/08/18/brighton-caicedo-replacement-premier-league/ or https://theathletic.com/4771295/2023/08/23/chelsea-liverpool-caicedo-lavia/

More recently that seems to be other reporters rather than Naylor.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It took 9 months for me to get a scan for my meniscus tear and that was after a private referral via my physio.
Did this condition prevent you from doing you day job for which you wear earning circa 50K a week at the time though?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well, I imagine they could be swiftly refuted if there was no truth at all in them
there's an eye witness on Twitter - who looks credible - who says he saw him (on Wednesday) at the Amex on crutches and wearing a knee brace. -presumably to have his scan. Club unlikely to. say anything until RDZ briefed who will presumably share that update at the pre West Ham press conference . Certainly not going to provide a running commentary.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well, I imagine they could be swiftly refuted if there was no truth at all in them
Why? The club pay no attention to Twitter rumours, why should they? They’d have to employ someone full time the amount of BS about us that appears online!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club responded to twitter rumours during the Cucurella transfer.
They did - once- and it was extra-ordinary stuff. They've not done it before or since. They don't provide running commentary like this on injuries or transfers. Although RDZ is a lot more forthcoming in press conferences than either Potter or Hughton.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They did - once- and it was extra-ordinary stuff. They've not done it before or since. They don't provide running commentary like this on injuries or transfers. Although RDZ is a lot more forthcoming in press conferences than either Potter or Hughton.
And the really shouldn’t have as he signed the next day all a bit school playground.

Jul 7, 2003
there's an eye witness on Twitter - who looks credible - who says he saw him (on Wednesday) at the Amex on crutches and wearing a knee brace. -presumably to have his scan. Club unlikely to. say anything until RDZ briefed who will presumably share that update at the pre West Ham press conference . Certainly not going to provide a running commentary.

Just because he is in a knee brace and on crutches, that doesn't necessarily mean it is a serious injury.

We've seen players leave the Amex after games in protective boots only for them to play the following weekend. If there is any potential injury, they will look to stabilise the affected area to minimise the risk of further damage until they have the results of the full assessment.

Let's just hope that for Julio, it is more of a precaution.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Ruled out according to https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

1000008584.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just because he is in a knee brace and on crutches, that doesn't necessarily mean it is a serious injury.

We've seen players leave the Amex after games in protective boots only for them to play the following weekend. If there is any potential injury, they will look to stabilise the affected area to minimise the risk of further damage until they have the results of the full assessment.

Let's just hope that for Julio, it is more of a precaution.
Indeed.

Ciara Walsh was carried off at the World Cup on a stretcher, in tears, mumbling "I've done my knee. I've done my knee" - then played in the next game!

And remember Leandro Trossard at St.Mary's? - given oxygen on the pitch, then stretchered off - only to play a few days later!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here