[Other Sport] Emma Raducanu

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stolen and adapted from the Fast Show

Good effort [emoji106]

****ing cheek - "stolen" :lolol::lolol:

More like 'inspired by'.

For those that missed it the first time round:

I tell ya what - that Tiger Woods is the dog's bollocks, innie? Mixed race, y'see. Part Afro-American, part white man, part Dutch, an' part Vietnamese. An' them four different races, 'ave combined to produce the perfect golfer. An' still so young!

[slight pause]

The Afro-American, right, that's 'is natural grace - for 'is drivin', right? The Vietnamese - for when he's in the rough, you got me? All the jungles an' 'at - they 'ave a network o' tunnels? An' the Dutch in him makes 'im laid-back - for 'is temperament, an' the white man means he can get on the course in the first place.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

More like 'inspired by'.

I tell ya what - that Tiger Woods is the dog's bollocks, innie? Mixed race, y'see. Part Afro-American, part white man, part Dutch, an' part Vietnamese. An' them four different races, 'ave combined to produce the perfect golfer. An' still so young!

[slight pause]

The Afro-American, right, that's 'is natural grace - for 'is drivin', right? The Vietnamese - for when he's in the rough, you got me? All the jungles an' 'at - they 'ave a network o' tunnels? An' the Dutch in him makes 'im laid-back - for 'is temperament, an' the white man means he can get on the course in the first place.

Some of their finest work :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

More like 'inspired by'.

[slight pause]

Some of their finest work :)

See that’s brilliant humour for me… yet I do think if that was said in today’s society there would be outrage - especially on bloody here… Am I right?! (Of course jokes are interpreted differently but this is laughing at the racism of years gone by for me).

Gervais sums it up perfectly - you can’t get offended by the subject, you have to think of the actual joke itself…

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
See that’s brilliant humour for me… yet I do think if that was said in today’s society there would be outrage - especially on bloody here… Am I right?! (Of course jokes are interpreted differently but this is laughing at the racism of years gone by for me).

Gervais sums it up perfectly - you can’t get offended by the subject, you have to think of the actual joke itself…

However, there is a difference between the adaptation that was put on here that deploys a sexist remark to highlight an 18-year-old girls vagina, and the humour of the Fast Show used to highlight levels of racism in an establishment sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
18 year old qualifier reaches semi finals of US Open and the conversation is focused on her nationality rather than her outrageous talent and potential.

Just feels depressing and that we still have as far to go as ever we did.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

For those who haven’t seen it……

https://youtu.be/UrFa51JU3sM

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

What [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] said.

Gervaise was mostly correct, but 'Mong' really isn't an acceptable way to describe a stupid person. It really isn't. He sometimes lacks introspection.

Whereas you seem to seek introspection which is heartwarming. I'd really like to spend a couple of hours chatting in a bar with you at some point. Humanity and a working brain emergent from a foundation of FHM and unfiltered bantz. And that's just me.
:wink:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Gervaise was mostly correct, but 'Mong' really isn't an acceptable way to describe a stupid person. It really isn't. He sometimes lacks introspection.

Whereas you seem to seek introspection which is heartwarming. I'd really like to spend a couple of hours chatting in a bar with you at some point. Humanity and a working brain emergent from a foundation of FHM and unfiltered bantz. And that's just me.

Gervais. Learn to spell.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gervais. Learn to spell.

:lolol:

I suspect you have been waiting all day to do something like that.

He's a tit (as are you) and I shall miss spell his name as I see fit. Jervaise.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
18 year old qualifier reaches semi finals of US Open and the conversation is focused on her nationality rather than her outrageous talent and potential.

Just feels depressing and that we still have as far to go as ever we did.

I think you'll see that the minority of net curtain-twitching little Ingerlander twats have been sliced, diced and left to decompose in a pool of their own bitter tears :lolol:

Djervaise

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Always hated mong. Had an Aunty with downs. Always took it very personally like to the bone when I heard it. No the offence wasn’t there and it was just uneducated slang but still hurt… retard to - but if you say it like Alabbin the hangover ‘ri-tard’ it’s most definitely acceptable and funny :lol: (if you haven’t seen the film that won’t make sense).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Tenterden is about halfway - lovely place :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
However, there is a difference between the adaptation that was put on here that deploys a sexist remark to highlight an 18-year-old girls vagina, and the humour of the Fast Show used to highlight levels of racism in an establishment sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh man - I was purely talking about the fast show one (see the post I quoted to back that up).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think it's only fair to warn NSC that in a couple of hours or so an important tennis match featuring a teenage girl is going to interrupt the culture wars.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Come on Emma

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure if it's been mentioned already but GB will definitely have one winner at the US Open as Jamie Murray and partner are against Joe Salisbury and partner in the mens doubles final. Think Salisbury is also in the mixed.

Still, hopefully will wake up in about 6 hours to find Emma in the final, fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here