Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis Manu

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I will happily explain.

Signed on the 29th Aug. Played just 45 mins Now 1st Oct. A player that cost 1.5 million. Uwe cost roughly the same and was thrown straight into the squad and has since kept Dunk out.

Comments made by Hughton didn't exactly sound encouraging.

This isn't a Hughton player but brought in by a recruitment team. Find me one Reference otherwise.

I get the feeling he hasn't impressed Hughton in training(hunch feeling)

A quick cameo appearance against Wolves and i saw nothing at all to say we have got a cracker here. Yes early days i know.

As i've said on here many times before I'm happy to be proved wrong or have posts like this bounced in the future.

Something tells me he is our first duff signing this season and quite a costly one.

So basically off 45 minutes football

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its odd how some people are so negative about a new signing, when there is absolutely NOTHING to base any negativity on. Assumptions that its "not a Hughton signing", that he's "not impressed in training", that he's "an expensive duff signing" - all this is pure speculation that is based on absolutely nothing. Ridiculous.

I swear some people WANT him to be crap, just so they can bounce their posts and say "See. Told ya". :rolleyes:

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Its odd how some people are so negative about a new signing, when there is absolutely NOTHING to base any negativity on. Assumptions that its "not a Hughton signing", that he's "not impressed in training", that he's "an expensive duff signing" - all this is pure speculation that is based on absolutely nothing. Ridiculous.

I swear some people WANT him to be crap, just so they can bounce their posts and say "See. Told ya". :rolleyes:

Bang on. I actually think some people would prefer him to fail

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
Personally he has to start tomorrow, losing 2 paces direct wingers we HAVE to replace that threat with something similar.

He's an unknown to many and that makes him dangerous

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
The argus think it will be March starting

This.

I think Hughton is playing his cards very well at the moment. Obviously he rates Manu but wants to develop him and enhance a certain style of play that will make him lethal when he starts regularly.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Completely agree with this. We've been so good this season that there's not been much room for negativity. However, a couple of draws and a few players out and suddenly people are lining up to write off a player who has played 45 minutes for us. It's very odd.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Hughton is playing his cards very well at the moment. Obviously he rates Manu but wants to develop him and enhance a certain style of play that will make him lethal when he starts regularly.
Seems very strange to me - a player who played a fairly full season for Feyenord last season, in both the Dutch League and the European Champions League (and scored goals, including in the Champions League) can't get a game as our third choice left winger...........

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Seems very strange to me - a player who played a fairly full season for Feyenord last season, in both the Dutch League and the European Champions League (and scored goals, including in the Champions League) can't get a game as our third choice left winger...........

Upon signing him:
We are really pleased to have brought in another offensive option, and what Elvis will bring us is a different type of striker, and also a player who has played in the wide areas.

“At 22 years of age, he is of a great age for further development, and he comes to us with a very good pedigree, having come through the Feyenoord system – and he has represented Holland from under-16 to under-21 level.”

We've another 36 games to go in the season, why throw him in from the stat if your other wingers are more settled and used tot he english game? I presume he'll get his chance on Saturday, with a full weeks training full with the knowledge he'll start.
As I didn't go to wolves I'm looking forward to him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Hes not a winger thas why

Manu is a winger as much as Baldock is.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He can play wide in a front 3 or in a front 2 is my understanding.... if he can play wide as well, happy days.....we shall see.
Where's your info from? Everything I read in the media at the time we signed him referred to him as a left winger, and that he'd played most of his games for Feyenoord there.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
If that's true, CH must think Elvis is not up to it. Given how March has played this season.

Why must that be the case?

I suspect Elvis is very much an attack minded player, given he can play in either wide or central attacking roles. In a 4-4-2 formation vs a decent team, Hughton may opt for March if he feels he will provide better defensive cover.

Obviously I'm speculating like the rest of us, but some people are so quick to jump to conclusions!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here