Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis Interview

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Please can we not ruin this thread with tired and quite frankly unfunny puns. I am keen to follow this story and do not want to have to leave another thread because of posts from the Lee Mack school of comedy.

Hey, DON'T BE CRUEL!

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Not the best approach Elvis. Never wash your dirty laundry in public. Sit down with the manager and discuss the situation. Work hard and try to impress.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Not the best approach Elvis. Never wash your dirty laundry in public.

You do know that he's DUTCH, right? That's kinda what Dutch footballers do.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Please can we not ruin this thread with tired and quite frankly unfunny puns. I am keen to follow this story and do not want to have to leave another thread because of posts from the Lee Mack school of comedy.

You tell him, it's now or never.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

He'll have to go.......

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7258876 said:
What a pr*ck

Why on earth does that make him a pr*ck?

He came here having been playing at the top end of the Dutch league, and scoring goals in the Europa league. Hughton hasn't given him a chance, even when our form dipped he was given 5/10 minute cameos every 3 or 4 weeks. All he's actually said is he made the wrong move, which he has.

Talk about an overreaction.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Sit down with the manager and discuss the situation. Work hard and try to impress.

He has. In the article he states he's spoken to Hughton to ask why he's still here, and keeps being told to be patient. He was playing at a high level, and is now not playing at all. If I were him i'd be asking the same questions.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7258876 said:
What a pr*ck

He came here having been playing at the top end of the Dutch league, and scoring goals in the Europa league. Hughton hasn't given him a chance, even when our form dipped he was given 5/10 minute cameos every 3 or 4 weeks. All he's actually said is he made the wrong move, which he has.

Especially when you consider that BHA went to him with promises and ambitions to lure him over.
For him to sit and rot on the bench, I'd be pissed.

Airing his problems to the public might do him a favor though, he wants out, his old club might want him back, quick deal done, everyone wins.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A natural goalscorer according to the opening oaragraph. I've not seen that on his outings so far. Also it would seem that he played in the dutch league this season before joining us so can not have a permanent transfer until the summer. Expect him to remain in the stands unless we get yet more injuries then offloaded in the summer.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They should have asked him to explain the offside rule..

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Especially when you consider that BHA went to him with promises and ambitions to lure him over.
For him to sit and rot on the bench, I'd be pissed.

Airing his problems to the public might do him a favor though, he wants out, his old club might want him back, quick deal done, everyone wins.

Exactly.

He was at a really good place for his age at Feyenoord. He wouldn't have come here if he knew he'd have to prove himself in the U21's for a year, he was way above that level.

His career has probably gone back 2 or 3 years, anyone would be annoyed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not the best approach Elvis. Never wash your dirty laundry in public. Sit down with the manager and discuss the situation. Work hard and try to impress.

I think the problem now, with the likes of LuaLua and Murphy well ahead of him in the pecking order, is that however hard he tries to impress, it probably won't be enough. Chris Hughton may be happy enough to have him at the club as a squad member, but no more than that.

Another player who would benefit from a loan deal too I think. With his kind of personality much better he is somewhere playing regular football, than sitting on the bench as an unused sub festering week after week.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'd have a bit of sympathy if he actually looked like a footballer when he came off the bench. He's just got a bit of pace and nothing else unfortunately. Sooner he moves on and we recoup as much as we can the better.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
question begs to be asked.....if he was able to score goals in the europa league, why can't he score in the championship ...???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

You have a point. When both March and KLL were injured, he must've though 'It's now or never', and we went to the loan market for VLP instead of giving Elvis a go.

Wouldn't be surprised if we sell him back to Feyenoord at a loss in the summer. A case of return to sender.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A natural goalscorer according to the opening oaragraph. I've not seen that on his outings so far. Also it would seem that he played in the dutch league this season before joining us so can not have a permanent transfer until the summer. Expect him to remain in the stands unless we get yet more injuries then offloaded in the summer.

You mean......He's caught in a trap ?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
question begs to be asked.....if he was able to score goals in the europa league, why can't he score in the championship ...???

He may well be able to, but I don't think he's been given much of a chance to show it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here