Elton John - You can't help but luv im

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Novello Award

How can anyone not like Elton John. The bloke is a bloody genious and all round good egg.

What an unbelievable back catelogue of 40 albums and 220 million album sales. He has done so many great tracks. Thought the 3 performers were good especially Blige, Bedingfield forgot the words to Your Song :jester: and Cullum was very good.

He's raised 35 000 000 for Aids research.

Elton's new song is one of his best for a long time as well.

Long live Elton.

Good on yer mate:thumbsup:

Anyone seen him live

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for that Magoo :rolleyes:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Maybe a poll Gareth? I'm not an Elton fan either.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have two of his albums. The odd song is sufficient but fair play to be top of your game for 35 years.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He's a genius in my book, although I'm not sure I'd want all his albums - greatest hits and Goodbye Yellowbrick Road will do me.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I quite like Elton's music and he has indeed written a few classics. However, I cannot obide watching the entire music industry up his arse AGAIN!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I agree with YOU, Gareth. A genius if ever there was one, his talent knows no bounds and his work for his AIDS foundation is incredible. Can't think of anybody more deserving of praise to be quite honest.

Even if he is a POOF, eh bhafc4eva?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Elton John - the bastard child of Billy Joel and Miss Piggy!

I can't stand him, his voice or his music

Just a personal thing!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
magoo said:
I think he's music is tedious, and often wonder who buys it.

Agreed - His first single ("Your Song" 1970?) was OK - since then it's all been a long ride downhill thru mediocrity to banality and boredom. And he's a self-satisfied smug git too.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Amongst the 25 songs I've just popped into my 'On the Go' playlist on the iPod is Elton's "Made in England".

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Spends enough money to feed a small country on flowers alone, goes round insulting people who are doing their job by taking his photo and keeping him in the public eye, hasn't made a decent record in decades and is so vain he won't grow old with dignity so prefers to stick carpet on his head. Yep, what a star.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Phaedrus said:
Spends enough money to feed a small country on flowers alone, goes round insulting people who are doing their job by taking his photo and keeping him in the public eye, hasn't made a decent record in decades and is so vain he won't grow old with dignity so prefers to stick carpet on his head. Yep, what a star.

That's a tad over critical innit? What did he do to you, knock ya back did he?

;)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Harmless enough, and a talented songwriter, but a bit "precious" isn't he. Fine when everyone is toadying up to him as usual, but he's only ever a broken petal away from throwing a massive hissy fit over nothing. And I don't like that gap in his teeth either, it makes him look shifty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports