Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Elon Musk and Twitter

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It shouldn't be down to a popular vote. Either he posts within rules, or doesn't.

I'd like Musk to be banned.
weird isnt it? i seem to recall Trump hasnt actually asked to be reinstated yet.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh words, yes I forgot how people are so scared of words these days.

You even have clowns saying words are violence.

All politicians lie, Biden has been lying his arse off constantly but Twitter never did anything about that. Nor do the people who would always complain Trump lies seemingly have gone silent over Biden.

Which is fine, it's up to individuals to validate if something is true, not be a total baby and expect someone else to monitor words for them.

If words are so unimportant, why does it matter if Trump cant share a few on Twitter? People had rioted because of the words Trump used, to make out that he had been cheated out of a second term.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I don't think that many people have actually left Twitter - though I'm sure some have stopped using it but left their accounts intact.

I used to run a program to block/mute accounts I had no interest in reading. Back on the 8th of November there were 115,919 of these accounts live on the system. Today I looked again and there were 115,609 in place and not closed - so that isn't very many people who have actually done a Stephen Fry and closed their account, maybe a few hundred of the ones I can count.

Same with the much smaller number of people I follow. Some have talked about leaving; I don't think any have closed their accounts.

Whether Twitter will continue to exist is another matter. But so far it continues to function ok.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think that many people have actually left Twitter - though I'm sure some have stopped using it but left their accounts intact.

I used to run a program to block/mute accounts I had no interest in reading. Back on the 8th of November there were 115,919 of these accounts live on the system. Today I looked again and there were 115,609 in place and not closed - so that isn't very many people who have actually done a Stephen Fry and closed their account, maybe a few hundred of the ones I can count.

Same with the much smaller number of people I follow. Some have talked about leaving; I don't think any have closed their accounts.

Whether Twitter will continue to exist is another matter. But so far it continues to function ok.
great data, but how the hell did you curate a list of 100k+ accounts? i must be using twitter different to many, think i've blocked about a dozen arses, generally filter by not trawlling though areas i dont like.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
great data, but how the hell did you curate a list of 100k+ accounts? i must be using twitter different to many, think i've blocked about a dozen arses, generally filter by not trawling though areas i dont like.
Used the API and a script to block people with words like "hate" in their bios. It went a bit far, but in general made it a more pleasant experience. I stopped doing that a while ago, but once you have a lot of people on a block/mute list, there is no easy way (that I can see) to remove them as a bloc, so there they stay.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What?

The reality is the Taliban are a brutal oppressive regime and Trump was a democratically elected Politician who in no shape or form undertook actions such as the Taliban do.

You're mental if you argue any other way.

Seems you have some warped agenda going on.
you've completely missed the point, but i think you already know that.

does your life have purpose?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

All politicians lie, Biden has been lying his arse off constantly but Twitter never did anything about that. Nor do the people who would always complain Trump lies seemingly have gone silent over Biden.

Which is fine, it's up to individuals to validate if something is true, not be a total baby and expect someone else to monitor words for them.
you're not one for nuance, tyrone

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

All actions come from words.

Words set in motion the Nazi’s final solution.

Words incited the Capitol Hill civil disorder.

Words can fool or inspire, uplift or put down.

Anyone who doesn’t think words can be scary is probably very easily fooled.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It shouldn't be down to a popular vote. Either he posts within rules, or doesn't.

I'd like Musk to be banned.
I'm 'no platforming' twitter.

Which means no changes to my social media :shrug:

I hope all's well with you, O namesake :wink: :thumbsup:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Word.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

All actions do not come from words.

What a nonsense statement.

That's so easily dispelled.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kanye been let on as well 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
you've completely missed the point, but i think you already know that.

does your life have purpose?

I didn't miss the point at all.

Twitter and many of it's more moronic lackeys were more concerned about words than actions.

To say that twitter couldn't have banned the Taliban anytime it liked regardless of their stupid made up rules is ridiculous.

They could have banned them but they chose not to thus helping legitimise a brutal oppressive regime.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If words are so unimportant, why does it matter if Trump cant share a few on Twitter? People had rioted because of the words Trump used, to make out that he had been cheated out of a second term.

See this is where because you don't follow much you don't see the hypocrisy.

When the Supreme court overturned Roe v Wade there were countless tweets saying to go "burn it down" referring to the nation and the supreme court.

Nobody was banned for posting that. For trying to incite violence and criminal activity.

Seems a massive double standard doesn't it?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I didn't miss the point at all.

Twitter and many of it's more moronic lackeys were more concerned about words than actions.

To say that twitter couldn't have banned the Taliban anytime it liked regardless of their stupid made up rules is ridiculous.

They could have banned them but they chose not to thus helping legitimise a brutal oppressive regime.
how do you feel about venn diagrams?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here