Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Well done Norwich on another three points. Up to ninth place. I've always liked them as a club with Delia Smith being a real football fan. A breath of fresh air to the Premier League.

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
Thought Bennett was excellent tonight - definitely not out of place in the Prem. He still goes to see Brighton - as a few of you pointed out - he was at the Liverpool game.

Man Utd for us next hmmm - they're a bit good at the moment.

BHA need to get back to winning on Saturday - good luck!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm still a bit puzzled that we sold him for (relatively) so little. Do we have a sell on clause/further payments? He had a long contract to run.

Pathetic amount of money really. I guess because no other Premiership clubs were battling for his signature the price was pegged right down. I personally think he could have gone to a more stable Premiership club if he had stayed with us and excelled in the Championship this season. We would have benefitted from a decent payback and he would probably have got a better financial contract. Still he has made his choice, once his head was turned in January he was off, it was only Bloom that forced him to see out the season with a promise to let him go at seasons end.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pathetic amount of money really. I guess because no other Premiership clubs were battling for his signature the price was pegged right down. I personally think he could have gone to a more stable Premiership club if he had stayed with us and excelled in the Championship this season. We would have benefitted from a decent payback and he would probably have got a better financial contract. Still he has made his choice, once his head was turned in January he was off, it was only Bloom that forced him to see out the season with a promise to let him go at seasons end.

I have a feeling that norwich will become a stable premiership club. I don't think they will go down this season.

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
I don't think people yet totally appreciate the turnaround at Norwich. We have been written off because we don't have players with Prem experience, but have been a bit unlucky not to have more points.

Lambert instills a confidence in players, which many managers don't, and therefore over achieves for the money spent.

I honestly believe that if we keep hold of Lambert we will stay up.

You have a great manger too, and I also honestly believe that you (like us in the Prem) are a bit of an unknown quantity. People don't appreciate how good Gus is, and the teams he builds. You need to keep hold him too though.

For these reasons I think you are in with a good shout of promotion, and we are in with a good shout at staying up!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I don't think people yet totally appreciate the turnaround at Norwich. We have been written off because we don't have players with Prem experience, but have been a bit unlucky not to have more points.

Lambert instills a confidence in players, which many managers don't, and therefore over achieves for the money spent.

You have a great manger too, and I also honestly believe that you (like us in the Prem) are a bit of an unknown quantity. People don't appreciate how good Gus is, and the teams he builds. You need to keep hold him too though.

For these reasons I think you are in with a good shout of promotion, and we are in with a good shout at staying up!

100% agree.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Sounds like a similar sort of thing to what I expect us to try and achieve. If we were to be promoted, I'd imagine Gus to go for a fair few players who are less known, perhaps lower league or foreign, but fit into Gus's style and thrive. If we could emulate what Norwich have done in the last few years, I'd be delighted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here