Elliott Bennett

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
Norwich fan here - good start for your team this season - not really surprised and have been telling my mates I thought you would be the surprise package this season in the Championship.

I was derided by most of them to start with, but I don't think they realised how your Club is progressing.

OK so you have just dropped off a bit lately, and it's a long season, but surely you must all be hoping (realistically) for at least a play off place?

Are any of you still following Bennetts career with us? He has made a sound start, and the team we put out that beat Bolton featured Bennett and Pilkington on either wing.

I really don't think Bennett has been outclassed at all in the Prem. He seems so level headed, and takes everything in his stride. Really hard worker as well - no real lightweight. Can see why you all thought so much of him as a player.

I think he will play tomorrow against Sunderland, tough game - maybe he can get a goal!

Good luck for the season anyway - long way to go - but maybe you can join us in the Prem next year!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Your match on Monday against Sunderland is interesting. Only a strange goal post stopped us beating Sunderland in the Carling Cup in normal time when they played their first team with one up front and five across the middle.

Elliott Bennett was probably more of a loss than Andrew Crofts, but I think I preferred Crofts as a midfielder. Harley, our replacement for Bennett has not shown more than one flash of form yet.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Got him in my fantasy league team and I've noticed he's been starting all home games, so hope he features tomorrow. Only a matter of time before he hits his first wonder-strike and starts racking up the assists IMO. I thought he would have already with the likes of Holt & Morison being such aerial threats but it hasn't quite happened yet.

Good luck to him, definitely talented/hard-working enough to forge a lengthy top-flight career for himself.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To be fair i wouldn't swap bennett for what we currently have on the wings,but bennett was quality at times:)
If he could take on players more he would be the finished article:)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I still miss Elliott Bennett :cry:

This...however...i now have a man crush on Vicente, in a hetrosexual kind of way of course!! Good luck to you and Benno..will be watching on Monday hoping for a Norwich win.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Norwich fan here - good start for your team this season - not really surprised and have been telling my mates I thought you would be the surprise package this season in the Championship.

I was derided by most of them to start with, but I don't think they realised how your Club is progressing.

OK so you have just dropped off a bit lately, and it's a long season, but surely you must all be hoping (realistically) for at least a play off place?

Are any of you still following Bennetts career with us? He has made a sound start, and the team we put out that beat Bolton featured Bennett and Pilkington on either wing.

I really don't think Bennett has been outclassed at all in the Prem. He seems so level headed, and takes everything in his stride. Really hard worker as well - no real lightweight. Can see why you all thought so much of him as a player.

I think he will play tomorrow against Sunderland, tough game - maybe he can get a goal!

Good luck for the season anyway - long way to go - but maybe you can join us in the Prem next year!

Good luck.

Have a lot of time for Norwich - both the place, and the football club.

Would love BHA to be doing what you're doing in a couple of years time.

Bennett is a class player, the sort that can keep you in the Premier if complimented with others of his ability.

We have, I believe, kind-of replaced his skills in our squad with a couple of lads who can, with combined talents, make up for his loss to the team.
There's no doubt he is missed still though, can't blame him for wanting to step us as soon as he had the chance - careers are short and nothing is guaranteed in sport.
I still reflect on how we kept Mark Lawrenson and Peter Ward for several seasons, these days they'd be scooped away within one!
Even after 8 matches people are worried that we'll lose the outstanding players showing good form already.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Buckley seems a better bet than E Bennett, but I am far from sure Crofts has been replaced.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Bennett is class and I will be watching tomorrow night just to see him. I hope (and think he will) make it at that level

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
My son has bennett's old boots. We got them from the shop in George St. Too small for him now. Have E.B. on the each sole.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Buckley seems a better bet than E Bennett, but I am far from sure Crofts has been replaced.

Buckley is certainly bennetts equal when fit, the only drawback is this hamstring problem which I have every faith the medical team will get to the bottom of soon. As for crofty, I can't agree more tbh and I can't help but think with him in the side we would have a much more physical edge in midfield.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Was next to a couple of Wolves supporters at the Walsall game who were praising EB & cursing their club for selling him.Can we have him back when we swap divisions,please?:rolleyes:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Bennett has been at the amex for the past two games, still follows us, seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports