Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Benno was top class with us and has continued in the same vein at Norwich. Gus seems to have struck gold in bringing Vicente to play for us and with Buckley looking decent we're not missing EB as much as I thought we would.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Buckley is better than Bennett in the bits I've seen of him. Just got to keep the lad fit.

KrustyGull

Sep 23, 2011
Cracking post mate hope Benno does well for you he was class for us last season and from what i have seen from him not out of place in prem, Would Albion be where we are now if he had left in Jan?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
He's a great player and you got him for a steal in my opinion. He was never the same player after the Jan transfer window, but without his assists we would not have won the league last year.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bennett has been at the amex for the past two games, still follows us, seems like a genuinely nice guy.
Always came across on the pitch and in interviews didn't it, he's a class act all round.
I think we sold him for slightly too little, though I think Gus/the club had probably agreed that they'd let him go if Norwich went up.

Pleased and not surprised to see him doing well and gaining popularity among the Norwich support.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
In a quiet moment I have this fantasy that we get promoted, and Norwich are relegated, and you know how once Gus likes a player he fights to get him ......... well you can guess what happens.

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
Keep your fantasies to yourself Dick Knights Mumm - our Manager is as good as Gus - if you go up to the Prem, you won't come down - nor will we ;0)

Successive promotions for BHA?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure how anyone can claim that Buckley is a better player than Bennett when Buckley plays more as an out and out winger whereas Bennett best games were in the middle. As for not replacing Crofts and therefore lacking the physicality in midfield I didn't think our style was meant to be physical. Bridcutt is there to tidy up in front of the back four and lay it off to the playmakers, Lua Lua, Buckley, Noone, Vicente, Harley, unfortunately, I don't think Dicker is in their league and too often gets caught on the ball and Navarro is probably more physical but from my point of view, superfluous. Great sub to help close out a game but then we have Vincelot for that (provided Ankergren doesn't just throw away possession!!!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here