Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd signs new two year deal!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think El-Abd looks a cracking player. The guy looks like a manchild, the kid is built like a brick shithouse, which makes a change from the lanky streaks of piss like Harding that appear out of the youth team and fall apart in a strong breeze.

He reads the game well, has decent pace, strong tackler. I think he put in some very good performances in the middle, and looked set for a good run in the side at right back until the injury at Gillingham.

Yikes - I can see him now, dragging himself along the ground in agony after that challenge. I was fearing the worst, he looked in absolute agony.

Good prospect for me.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Strange how a lot of posters on this thread are all for giving Adam a chance.

Why wasn't Dan Harding offered the same courtesy? Most people on this board were very quick to slate him.

Our young players will make mistakes (those that we haven't sold that is) we must allow them to 'live and learn' ...

Stumpy Tim

ManOnTheRun said:

Why wasn't Dan Harding offered the same courtesy? Most people on this board were very quick to slate him.

Our young players will make mistakes (those that we haven't sold that is) we must allow them to 'live and learn' ...

Loyalty I think is the word there MOTR. It was obvious Harding wanted to leave and he got abuse for it

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Stumpy Tim said:
Loyalty I think is the word there MOTR. It was obvious Harding wanted to leave and he got abuse for it

Maybe ST, but prior to his move to Leeds he got loads at Withdean and on here. I always felt it was a bit undeserved, at the end of the day he's a young guy, finding his way, he was bound to make mistakes (sounds like a Phil Collins song). He played most of the season without a recognised midfielder in front of him and suffered for it ...

I just hope we get something close to the Virgo fee for him ...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
ManOnTheRun said:

El-Abd wasn't at fault for half a dozen goals,unlike Harding and he actually gave 100% in the games he played.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Don Tmatter said:
El-Abd wasn't at fault for half a dozen goals,unlike Harding and he actually gave 100% in the games he played.

dave lee gave 100% when he played, yet still got constant abuse when he played

Oct 25, 2003
Scotty M said:
dave lee gave 100% when he played, yet still got constant abuse when he played
if that was 100% i'd hate to see him on a lazy day

played a bit like me scott- just looked like he could ever be arsed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here