Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd signs new two year deal!

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
El Abd signs new Bristol contract

Bristol flanker Joe El Abd has signed a new two-year contract with the Guinness Premiership newcomers.
El Abd, 25, agreed a two-year deal at the end of the 2003/2004 season but head coach Richard Hill has offered the player improved terms.

"I'm really happy to sign - I've been with Bristol for two years now and I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute," said the Brighton-born player.

"It's brilliant to know that I'll be here for another two years."

Sorry couldnt resist! :jester: :lolol:

He is Adam's brother though!

JoeElAbd_Plymouth_300.jpg

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thank god for that - thought it was adam for a minute

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
oh just shut it. el-abd is a very decent defender and i've never had anything against him about a player. i accept its your opinion but you dont have to be so open about it just cos it disagrees with the general opinion. jeez

I'll be watching Joe play in a few weeks - I'll let you know if he's any good.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Woody the Seagull said:
oh just shut it. el-abd is a very decent defender and i've never had anything against him about a player. i accept its your opinion but you dont have to be so open about it just cos it disagrees with the general opinion. jeez

Yeah I'm surprised at the current spate of El-Abd bashing, he is a decent young solid player with a good future ahead of him at the Albion

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:
I'll be watching Joe play in a few weeks - I'll let you know if he's any good.
Apparently he is, my parents watched Bristol a few times last season when down there. Shame they wont be playing my team next season, the Penzance Pirates!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
yea. god forbid we give a youthful, english versatile, talented defender a contract eh? GOON

el-abd has done nothing for me to show that he deserves a contract - the same as mccammon really

however, if he starts the season with a blaze of glory then fair play to him

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Rougvie said:
Yeah I'm surprised at the current spate of El-Abd bashing, he is a decent young solid player with a good future ahead of him at the Albion

Agreed, I think he looks pretty promising, though maybe a little bit on the short side - he doesn't look it on the pitch but I'm 5'10 and he's shorter than me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Scotty M said:
el-abd has done nothing for me to show that he deserves a contract - the same as mccammon really

central defenders hardly ever catch the imagination. its the fact that he dosent get noticed that proves he is so good.

+didnt u see some of the memorable goal saving tackles he made!?:ohmy:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
central defenders hardly ever catch the imagination. its the fact that he dosent get noticed that proves he is so good.

+didnt u see some of the memorable goal saving tackles he made!?:ohmy:

its the poor performances at sunderland and derby that stick in my mind. although in fairness, he was reported to have an illness at derby

the fact that he seems completely incapable of winning a header as well is another slight problem, especially as he does seem to be used in the centre more than anywhere else

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Scotty M said:

Sorry but I'm going to have to award you the 'Ernie I don't go to games trophy' as I can't see why you think El Abd isn't much cop. I'd rate him as good as the much valued (by Leeds anyway) Dan Harding.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I can't believe anyone is criticising El-Abd at this stage in his career. Just 'cos he is built like someone a few years older doesn't necessarily mean he'll play like someone a few years older. He has plenty of time to learn yet, and from what I've seen he will - he rather reminds me of John Robinson when he first broke into the side in the solid way he puts himself about.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's inexperienced, and i agree with Scott does have a problem with heading. However it can be worked on in time. I'd rather have him as a full back than a centre half though, I don't think he's the one to replace Virgs in the back line. , just my opinion for what its worth. We're ALL entitled to one of them.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Give him a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yorkie said:

So do I, but at the moment i don't feel he is all that great. However, i think he makes good full back back-up for Reid.

One for the future sums up MY opinon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here