Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hope it doesn't go to extra time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Expect a much changed and experimental side Tuesday.

I don't know if too much will change actually. Think we will get to see Norwood for the first time, and Stephens will play l think as he couldn't be included today. A few other changes maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised to see several players keep their places in the name of continuity.

Winning the first home game of the season in any competition, is important I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that White will possibly replace Bruno, Murphy replace Skalak, Baldok either Hemed or Murray who may be cuptied by Bourneouth Norwood and Stephens to replace Kayal and Sidwell. Obviously Maenpaa for Stockdale so 6 changes. I would like to see Kayal and Knockaert come off the bench to cup tie them. and remove further transfer speculation.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think that White will possibly replace Bruno, Murphy replace Skalak, Baldok either Hemed or Murray who may be cuptied by Bourneouth Norwood and Stephens to replace Kayal and Sidwell. Obviously Maenpaa for Stockdale so 6 changes. I would like to see Kayal and Knockaert come off the bench to cup tie them. and remove further transfer speculation.

I'd agree with most of that BG apart from the last bit....anyone interested in BK and AK isen't going to be too bothered about them being cup tied!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Why would he be cup tied? He's here for the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With 2 of our 6 defenders injured, we'll surely wrap the fit 4 in cotton wool and so an U23 defence makes sense for this match.

A midfield of LuaLua-Norwood-Stephens-Murphy slots in easily to keep those that played most today fresh for Friday night v Forest.

Baldock +1 other up front.

It would be great if Bjordal, Hambo and Harper featured as well.

Last edited:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Stephens won't play, it'll affect his value! It'll be Ince or sidwell

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
CH may decide he needs game time and disregard any transfer speculation or valuation. I cant see that it will be Ince because he may want to move him on.

The other reason he won't play is that he'll be playing Friday

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I hope we play as few of the team likely to start on Friday as possible. That's only three days between games. Stephens should probably start for fitness and match practice reasons but should be subbed a h/t.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looking forward to this.

Extra time and penalties please, let's get our money's worth with maximum drama.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And welcome back to Doug Loft and Brennan Dickenson.

And that ex-palace goon Garvan who did a u-turn after agreeing to join us.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Just to post one of my pet hates. Weak teams in Cup competitions - by any club - not just the Albion. A couple of seasons back we could have made the Cup Final if we hadn't gone under-strength against Hull - and they qualified for Europe. The EFL Cup (what a monstrous name) is a winnable competition for a club like Brighton. Yes, winnable. Ok, go a little under-strength against Colchester - but don't lose focus of what professional football is about - actually trying to win games and the competitions you are in. A big home draw against a Premier League club (or two or three) would wipe out the deficit from free tea in the 1901 club - and a lot more too. If the club is now a hard-nosed business - start where it matters by winning on the pitch at all costs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here