Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eddie Howe and Newcastle

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
They've spent their blood money well. No 'big names' just for the sake of it. Building slowly with Ashworth (we stole him from England). But still believe in Potter and think he will out think Howe. There again maybe not.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Regardless of how well Eddie Howe is doing I still have this overwhelming desire to punch him every time I see him on the telly box (not that I would of course, peace love etc.). And I'm sorry but the Saudi barcodes didn't look that good to me on MOTD, I have every confidence we are going to do them on Sat.................probably.

:lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am pretty certain that we will be taking the game to them but that they will also be taking the game to us. An end to end thriller or nightmare imo

Given the forecast at 30c plus there maybe plenty of passing it around at the back and all ten subs used :moo:

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Strange how Brighton, and the Toon, have pretty much matched each other ever since being promoted together from the Championship back in 2016/17.

Both in results and in positions in the table, there has been little more than a matchstick to seperate us.

Yes l anticipate a very tight game on Saturday, the result could go either way. Exciting though!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair play to them giving Howe a new contract. Many predicted they would go down the celebrity route but so far resisting the temptation.

This. They may have nob owners but they have employed good people to run the club in what looks like it may well be the right way. The comments about Howe being like a short loan from the library (of caretakers) which were all over NSC after his appointment appear to be wide of the mark.

And if he has an ounce of sense, [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] will be along shortly to bounce a post of mine that said Howe would be gone by last May :wink:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Strange how Brighton, and the Toon, have pretty much matched each other ever since being promoted together from the Championship back in 2016/17.

Both in results and in positions in the table, there has been little more than a matchstick to seperate us.

Yes l anticipate a very tight game on Saturday, the result could go either way. Exciting though!

I have a strong feeling that'll change quite soon once the blood money kicks in

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
This. They may have nob owners but they have employed good people to run the club in what looks like it may well be the right way. The comments about Howe being like a short loan from the library (of caretakers) which were all over NSC after his appointment appear to be wide of the mark.

And if he has an ounce of sense, [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] will be along shortly to bounce a post of mine that said Howe would be gone by last May :wink:

Newcastle fans I spoke to at the away game last season were saying the same. That the club was not going to be buying celebrity players, it was slow and steady progress. Also heard some nice local stories about Stavely and her husband and some awful tales about Ashley. Just a shame about where the money comes from.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Some very complimentary comments on there - so different to Blue Moon

I like the comment about Potter not being suitable for England. I think that's right, he takes time to build a team and likes working with players day in and day out - he's not going to get that with England. All rivalry aside, I think Howe would be better ... but I don't think he's a perfect fit either. The ginger dalek would be my choice ... we shall see

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's certainly be a sterner test than Sunday, although the ESL death toll will probably overshadow the scoreline.

It's going to be the hottest it's ever been in there which means it'll be the equivalent of going to the sun, for an afternoon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some very complimentary comments on there - so different to Blue Moon

I enjoyed reading that.

I share their bemusement at the common attitude to Sm'eddie on here. Why smug? If he sounded a bit pleased with himself after his missfiring shambles of a B'muff came to the Amex and hit us for 5, so be it. Sometimes you just have to suck it up :shrug:

As for the game on Saturday.....just as I did for the ManUre fixture, I'm predicting a defeat.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It's certainly be a sterner test than Sunday, although the ESL death toll will probably overshadow the scoreline.

It's going to be the hottest it's ever been in there which means it'll be the equivalent of going to the sun, for an afternoon.

Oof, just checked the forecast and you're right, 32 C at KO, going to be hot all round!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I enjoyed reading that.

I share their bemusement at the common attitude to Sm'eddie on here. Why smug? If he sounded a bit pleased with himself after his missfiring shambles of a B'muff came to the Amex and hit us for 5, so be it. Sometimes you just have to suck it up :shrug:

As for the game on Saturday.....just as I did for the ManUre fixture, I'm predicting a defeat.

Dunno if he is smug, but with the most punchable face in elite football... he sure looks smug.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oof, just checked the forecast and you're right, 32 C at KO, going to be hot all round!

Nah.
It's gonna be hot all round
&
Seriously f**king hot in the ESL sun trap.

The question is 'what will the club do about it?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here