East Stand

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Haven't seen any posts on here from people intending to go in the East Stand centre (ie not the family bit).

I've slightly gone off the idea since being told there would be 'minimal tolerance' of swearing etc - concerned there might be a total lack of atmosphere. Added to that, you're also going to have a problem with the sun in your eyes at some games.

On the other hand, I do like the idea of looking across to the West Stand - what a fantastic view that will be - and there will probably be a much better chance of getting a very decent seat.

Anyone else under the age of 80 and strongly liable to get out of their seat to shout expletives at the ref also pondering the East? Or will it be exclusively for muttering old men and trainspotters?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The Bovril Stand is going to be great. We will be looking at the best sight in the stadium. "Minimal tolerance" will have done its job and that loud ignorant moaning idiot will be in some other stand. I suspect it will be a more mixed crowd (male/female/young/old) but will be all be the better for that.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As the presentations continue and more and more STH's find that everything remotely ' central ' has gone in both WSU and WSL, then I expect that the East will start to fill up.
It will be a bloody good view across to the West Stand and who cares about the odd bit of sun. Everyone in the North Stand at Withdean gets it now and thousands got it on the East Terrace at the Goldstone but did it put them off.....
Don't forget..while we've all got our coats on in the West, they will all be sunbathing in the East.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm hoping to get 2 tix for the East, I like the thought of looking at the West

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Our group of 10 went for the family stand - about halfway up and as close to the centre as we could get. The atmosphere in the family stand at withdean is pretty good in any case and is far more enjoyable than being surrounded by moaners as I was in the south stand.

the minimal tolerance is a good thing given the concourses will be mixed with family stand and other east stand. I've not found that too restrictive at withdean (except for the Charlton game when I was full of xmas spirit and was not as well behaved as I should have been ..........sorry).

It will be a bloody good view across to the West Stand and who cares about the odd bit of sun. Everyone in the North Stand at Withdean gets it now and thousands got it on the East Terrace at the Goldstone but did it put them off.....

during matches played when the Autumn sun was low in the West, every time the ball went in the air it was like a Mexican wave in The East Terrace as the regulars made a peak with their right hand

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I'm in the East Stand - can't wait! Got a fantastic view and also opposite the West which will make the stadium look all the more impressive. Regarding the minimal tolerance - I'm convinced that in practice this will only be enforced in the family section. Saying that, it should also keep some of the morons away, as mentioned above, so we can enjoy the atmosphere and a sing-song without someone swearing frantically at the linesman, and anyone else in sight, with every breath.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm in the East Stand - can't wait! Got a fantastic view and also opposite the West which will make the stadium look all the more impressive. Regarding the minimal tolerance - I'm convinced that in practice this will only be enforced in the family section. .

and the concourses too I would suggest

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Me and one other got our 8 in total tonight in the east stand quite near the back we are not the timid type i can assure you.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm thinking of going for the East once they go on general sale.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hmm. Guess I'll have to wait till the presentation and see what's left seat-wise in the West.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Well there are a number in our group (including DKM) who are not renowned for keeping their feelings to themselves if we feel that anyone on the pitch needs a little bit of advice, didn't put us off choosing the East Stand but if you really are concerned then probably best to choose where you think that you will be comfortable.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Secured my seats in the East Stand today. Just to the right of the halfway line and I have been known to get a bit 'excited' from time to time. Bring on the sun! I would rather wear shades if necessary and be warm, rather than freeze my nuts off all year round in the west. It will be a cracking view from the east as well.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
and the concourses too I would suggest

Indeed, but why would anyone want to swear like a maniac in the concourses?

I'm certainly not a quiet fan and get as animated as anyone else, but this doesn't manifest itself as a tirade of abuse at the linesman or referee (apart from at away games!). As long as this doesn't change, I can't see there being any problems and as stated above I think the minimal tolerance will be reserved for the family section. The atmosphere in the east will be great, as illustrated by the comments on this thread, and I'm looking forward to it!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Gone East - cracking seat, excellent view. I hope all you lot on here who are saying you're intent on creating an atmosphere over that side don't disappoint! I will join in, don't you worry. My only concern is the Family Stand - cue lots of little high-pitched voices going 'seagulls! seagulls!'

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I don't understand some people on here saying one part of the ground is going to be brilliant and another toilet blah blah. I was going to go in the family stand but changed my mind and have got two STs in the West Stand Upper. However, I would have been quite happy to go in the East - or North for that matter. The whole stadium is going to be brilliant and if the football is anything like it has been this season then all three sides will be making noise and the South Stand will be silent. I'm hoping to get tickets for cup games in the East and the North to sample their delights. Cannot wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports