Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, I was thinking that - it would be good to sample other parts of the ground..

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Well there are a number in our group (including DKM) who are not renowned for keeping their feelings to themselves if we feel that anyone on the pitch needs a little bit of advice, didn't put us off choosing the East Stand but if you really are concerned then probably best to choose where you think that you will be comfortable.

I don't swear anymore...

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just purchased 17 ST's in the East Stand (making us the East 17's), nice and central. You're right that it will be a mixed stand, as we are kids men and women, but we will be NOISY!

Best leave my book at home on matchdays then-seeing as it seems I'll never be able to concentrate...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just purchased 17 ST's in the East Stand (making us the East 17's), nice and central. You're right that it will be a mixed stand, as we are kids men and women, but we will be NOISY!
I think you're right. As the West Stand fills up, a lot of people will be opting for the East because the best seats over there are still available. It will be very mixed - certainly not all old men and kids (I hope!). And we will have the best view in the entire ground, looking over at that magnificent main stand. What a sight that will be when we score the last-minute winner against Palarse. Should hopefully be easier to get to the bars etc too - and I have an aisle seat, so I am well chuffed. Just remember to bring the baseball caps and shades for sunny days.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We're the East side, we're the East side, we're the East side Bovril boys.........

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Secured my seats in the East Stand today. Just to the right of the halfway line and I have been known to get a bit 'excited' from time to time. Bring on the sun! I would rather wear shades if necessary and be warm, rather than freeze my nuts off all year round in the west. It will be a cracking view from the east as well.

I think the height of the West Stand will probably block the sun out anyway, don't forget the sun is very low in winter, and there are no gaps in the corners to consider either.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yeah, I'm sure there will be times when it is affected by the sun but shouldn't be a problem most of the time. I am more concerned about squealing children in the family stand, but compromises have to be made.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Apparently all east stand seats will come with tartan blankets and mini-flasks

you lucky fuckers

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Indeed. We will be waving our complementary blankets and flasks at the ruffians in the WSU and the North. 'Come for the Bovril, we've only come for the Bovril...'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
. My only concern is the Family Stand - cue lots of little high-pitched voices going 'seagulls! seagulls!'

It will be very mixed - certainly not all old men and kids (I hope!). .

. I am more concerned about squealing children in the family stand, but compromises have to be made.

The atmosphere in the Withdean family stand is pretty good, and I'm sure at the Amex it will be better still. To be quite frank, most of the high pitched squealing here seems to be coming from you, mate.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I too think the East stand will be a good spot.
Im quite looking forward to be being bathed in sun on the odd day.
Have a great view of the west stand and away from the rabble in the west and north stands.

Its a win win, also should have a much better chance of getting something around the half way line

And with Gus's football we dont kick the ball in the air anyway to be blinded by the sun !

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I was thinking back row of the east and as central as poss. I wonder if there are many seats like that left.

I'll mainly be going with Mrs Oscar and/or little Oscar so I think the east is the best option.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The atmosphere in the Withdean family stand is pretty good, and I'm sure at the Amex it will be better still. To be quite frank, most of the high pitched squealing here seems to be coming from you, mate.
I will bring my squealometer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here