Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East and West Coastway Southern trains from Brighton

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
It all depends how well they are "refreshed". They currently look vile..

The old metro ones that SWT use have been refreshed alright, but the FCC one's (which are ironically newer) don't seem to have gained anything from it.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
There was an article in the Sussex Express last week about it- got to say I am rightly pissed off with Southern. Can't believe they are doing this and I will be boycotting using their route from Seaford to Brighton. Also the prices have shot up. I could get a return with my railcard from Seaford to Brighton for £2.20- now it is £4 and the railcard doesn't give a discount on the day anymore- what rubbish!

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
There was an article in the Sussex Express last week about it- got to say I am rightly pissed off with Southern. Can't believe they are doing this and I will be boycotting using their route from Seaford to Brighton. Also the prices have shot up. I could get a return with my railcard from Seaford to Brighton for £2.20- now it is £4 and the railcard doesn't give a discount on the day anymore- what rubbish!

We can all be pissed off with Southern all we like but its NOT Southern's decision to deploy these trains on our routes. It is down to the DfT who govern all train operators and dictate to them what type of trains they have to run - like the appaling cold Gatwick Express trains that we now have to put up with between London and Brighton. All completely out of Southerns hands im afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here