Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East and West Coastway Southern trains from Brighton

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

to have 35 year old rolling stock replacing the spanking new air conditioned visual and audio display trains.

1st generation sliding door trains saved from the scrappage yard.:ohmy:

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh yeah with no bogs great after a skinful at Falmer.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
The newer stock is apparently off to the London Metro area cos of the Olympics:censored:

Have you been asleep for the last year ? And BTW it is a DFT decision
The last year?

I've known that this was the long-term plan, ever since Connex said so, way back in about 1996, when they first began running the franchise. The Strategic Rail Authority - representatives of the DfT on earth at the time - also knew about it, and approved the idea.

The details are only now getting out, of course.

This was nothing to do with the Olympics, of course, more to do with what was then a long-term plan eventually to upgrade the South London metro services. Cascading older rolling stock to lower priority routes has been a feature of railways in Britain (and the rest of the world) for at least 160 years.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The last year?

I've known that this was the long-term plan, ever since Connex said so, way back in about 1996, when they first began running the franchise. The Strategic Rail Authority - representatives of the DfT on earth at the time - also knew about it, and approved the idea.

The details are only now getting out, of course.

I knew but someone as INTELLIGENT as Timmy would surely have seen them in Lovers Walk ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So is it really slam door or electrics from LOROL ?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Are these just the trains going to Hastings or Littlehampton etc?

The Southern ones up to London will still be nice, right?

At least I won't have to struggle home to Glynde any more on one of those ridiculous brand-new Gatwick Express trains. The struggle to reach a seat takes AGES. South London metro trains have seats you can reach in seconds. Much better for a five minute journey from Lewes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Speaking of old rolling stock, you know here in Derby, we have the old Gatwick Express trains rusting away!!

Normally see them when I do the St Pancras-Sheffield run

15 3 car sets replaced by new stock on lorol lines ( euston - watford , richmond - stratford , willesden - clapham jnc) will be refreshed and repainted for use on Brighton- Seaford and Brighton - West Worthing , these sets will release stock for extra strengthning on all other Southern routes .

D

Deleted User X18H

I knew but someone as INTELLIGENT as Timmy would surely have seen them in Lovers Walk ?

I'm usually shagging some treacle when I'm in LOVERS walk Ernie.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yep Mrs Kerr just text me and said ' getta thata bloody argus delivered'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here