ukip 0 0 152 +150
grn 0 0 33 +15
oth 0 0 97 +16
noc 28 +7 N/A N/A

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
UKIP should have opted out of the Euro elections shirley, seeing as how they don't believe in the concept. Voting for UKIP in the Euro elections is like being a turkey and voting for Xmas. Still, it's served a valuable purpose in that it will shake up the two proper parties to get their arses in gear and start paying a bit more attention to the hopes and fears of the electorate, on all sorts of issues.

This.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Party Councils Seats
Party Total Change +/- Total Change +/-
lab 75 +6 1701 +267
con 38 -11 1158 -188
ld 6 -2 390 -260
ukip 0 0 152 +150
grn 0 0 33 +15
oth 0 0 97 +16
noc 28 +7 N/A N/A

5f818bf6-b017-42dc-a9ba-8fabf209384d_300.jpg

http://news.sky.com/story/1267189/live-updates-local-elections-results

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Clegg also got pretty much massacred by Farage in their debates. What a weak man to have in charge of a political party.

33cyoi8.jpg
As if the broken promises and selling their soul for a whiff of power aren't enough for you, having this dork as leader should ensure they don't get many votes for the foreseeable. His incompetent performance at the hands of a tiresome crusty old city boy in tweed over a debate as crushingly winnable as "EU in or out" really should tell the lib dems all they need to know about their "leader". He has as much gravitas and political nous as a bang average sixth form A level politics student.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But you do realise that your vote is for all of their policies, not just the one you feel strongly about. What a stupid thing to say. You agree with them on cutting taxes for the rich, and destroying the NHS? You really support that?

Where have I said I agree with every policy ? There is not a single party I agree with every single policy so using your theory I shouldn't vote ? A flat rate of tax needs discussing but of course like people that bring up immigration immediately have brainless idiots call them racist, when people suggest a flat rate of tax then the idiots suggest all it is is cutting taxes for the rich - it isn't.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As if the broken promises and selling their soul for a whiff of power aren't enough for you, having this dork as leader should ensure they don't get many votes for the foreseeable. His incompetent performance at the hands of a tiresome crusty old city boy in tweed over a debate as crushingly winnable as "EU in or out" really should tell the lib dems all they need to know about their "leader". He has as much gravitas and political nous as a bang average sixth form A level politics student.

Nailed it there Simster.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I did not vote yesterday,

Wow !!!! The hypocrisy !!! So you slag off people who actually got off their arse and voted yet couldn't be bothered to vote in order to prevent the hordes of racist bigots winning. Priceless.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Where have I said I agree with every policy ? There is not a single party I agree with every single policy so using your theory I shouldn't vote ? A flat rate of tax needs discussing but of course like people that bring up immigration immediately have brainless idiots call them racist, when people suggest a flat rate of tax then the idiots suggest all it is is cutting taxes for the rich - it isn't.

It's hard to discuss the flat rate of tax as UKIP have never actually said what the rate will be.. Surely you cannot argue that abolishing inheritance tax and greatly cutting corporate tax is about cutting taxes for the rich?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Wow !!!! The hypocrisy !!! So you slag off people who actually got off their arse and voted yet couldn't be bothered to vote in order to prevent the hordes of racist bigots winning. Priceless.

I have explained why I felt, with a heavy heart, I could not vote yesterday. I don't think I have slagged anyone off just tried to explain what a vote for UKIP actually means.
And my comments on this thread have not involved immigration and race but other UKIP policies so cut out the bigots line now!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Big questions for Milliband tonight. Will he still be leader by next May? I see him as millstone around Labour's neck and they would be better off junking him now and hoping for a boost. He has 'loser' written all over him, I'm afraid.

That cuts both ways, you could argue that Labour are a millstone around Milliband's neck.
Do Labour expect people to forget the 13 years they were in power, when they sold the Gold, admit cocking up immigration, sold the country down the river and got a crap deal for the UK in the EU.
Well what about all the schools and hospitals they built.....i hear the deluded say.
Well i worked on Royal Sussex Childrens Hospital, Ifield, Thomas Bennett and Maidenbower, Tulse Hill schools, all funded by the good old Labour.......except they were NOT. The 3 schools in Crawley were built by HBG (a massive, non British dredging company, building arm) who rent the school back to the councils/government on a 30 year lease. All equipment right down to pens and pencils etc is supplied and CHARGED for over this 30 YEAR period.
The Royal Sussex Childrens Hospital was built and funded by a Japanese company.......same deal as above.
So good old Labour never put a shilling in, but now WE are paying handsomely back, well into our and our children's and grand children's lifetime.
The party of debt and borrowing, Labour about as much use as a man with one leg at an arse kicking party.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's hard to discuss the flat rate of tax as UKIP have never actually said what the rate will be.. Surely you cannot argue that abolishing inheritance tax and greatly cutting corporate tax is about cutting taxes for the rich?

We'll look forward to hearing of your donation of 40% of ANY amount you inherit to the REMF...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't think voting for someone I do not support would have helped reduce the votes for UKIP. I do think making sure people who did vote for UKIP know exactly what they are voting for will reduce the votes for them in the future.

You think they did not already know? You think it is your role in life to inform those poor souls who are so intellectually inferior to you?

But you didn't vote? You couldn't be bothered to get off your backside and vote, or even post your vote? The UKIP policies you hate so much couldn't persuade you to vote for something better?

You sanctimonious arse, you opinions are worthless sir.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
You think they did not already know? You think it is your role in life to inform those poor souls who are so intellectually inferior to you?

But you didn't vote? You couldn't be bothered to get off your backside and vote, or even post your vote? The UKIP policies you hate so much couldn't persuade you to vote for something better?

You sanctimonious arse, you opinions care worthless sir.

The point is 9 people I have spoken to today who voted for UKIP had no idea about their environmental policies or their plans for NHS. Others have said it was a vote just about immigration but you have to look at the other policies of any party you are voting for.
I have a postal vote and thought very long and hard about voting and decided for the first time ever I would not do it. It was not a case of not being bothered. But thanks for insult.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The point is 9 people I have spoken to today who voted for UKIP had no idea about their environmental policies or their plans for NHS. Others have said it was a vote just about immigration but you have to look at the other policies of any party you are voting for.
I have a postal vote and thought very long and hard about voting and decided for the first time ever I would not do it. It was not a case of not being bothered. But thanks for insult.

I am not going to insult you Martyn but, you seem to have a fair bit to say on what you want etc, you seem to have a fair bit of time on your hands, you had a postal vote......and still you could not be bothered to vote. Many are blase about politics, but you seem to have pretty strong views, why not back them up with a little cross. You obviously have a big dislike for one party, surely a vote against that party would help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here