Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

e-cash goes at end of this season. Do you use it?

Do you use e-cash?

• No

Votes: 89 34.5%
  • Yes, but only occasionally

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Yes, from time to time

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • Yes, nearly all the time

Votes: 133 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I used it all the time, although when the prices went up this season I started to buy less this season, just can't afford the prices. Looks like I will be spending even less next year, not my loss

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Used it since the beginning, I see this as a price rise for all of those that use the system!

Me too. Maybe we should think about running our coach a little later MS.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I always use ecash for my Harveys, so quick and easy. Next season it looks like cash, that should help to jam the queues up a bit, maybe I will drink less because of it, not my loss....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Disappointed frankly. Always stuck 30quid a month on it and sometimes allowed me to just have a bovril or go for it with pints and pies.

It will guarantee i spend alot less but Barber **** YOU. PLR my arse.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Actually Barber you are a ****.
Well worth over 600k a year. Wanker.

Worthingchris

Oct 26, 2014
Use it every match as end up buying the beer and pies for both me and my son, so the ecash discount adds up....... Seems a shame to stop it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
end of the day, its redundant when people have contactless payment cards. for the few that use e-cash and dont have a contact payment card, ask your bank for one or wait for the next new card, because they are all contactless. spend more than £20 and you have the horror of taking 2 seconds to input your PIN like you do in every single shop in the world where you use it.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Have been spending less at the stadium this season, and drinking at The Swan pre-match. Plus the system doesn't like my card, and I haven't had the impetus to sort it out. So all in all, won't be a great loss to me.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's not 'all cash'. Suspect the majority of payment will be by contactless, which is just as quick as eCash payments.

Whilst I hope you are right, whenever I go to the coop, or anywhere else for that matter, I seem to get stuck behind a queue of people of all ages who haven't grasped the concept of contact less yet.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Never used it. I haven't even got a card with a contactless symbol yet!

This, I'm the same, do you need to apply for these contactless cards, and being a cynic, with these contactless card, can someone have a reader in a pocket /briefcase and scan your as the go past you in the street? guess it got to be more secure than that :blush:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
This, I'm the same, do you need to apply for these contactless cards, and being a cynic, with these contactless card, can someone have a reader in a pocket /briefcase and scan your as the go past you in the street? guess it got to be more secure than that :blush:

No you have to opt out if your bank offers you contactless cards, nearly all mine are now so I could be charged about 10 times over if I got careless :)

And no it is not but they do have to be fairly close to you to get a contactless reading although this report says it can be read at 50cm http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24743920

I stopped using it when they stopped the discount for all but match days, don't buy the unreasonably overpriced food at the Amex (or for that matter any venue like this cinema etc) rarely get time to shop there used to do it all online and the discount paid for the postage.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'll be sad to see the e-cash go, cannot understand why more people do not use it as it speeds up the transaction process immeasurably, and I like the discounts.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Flicking through these comments I think the club has missed a trick here.

Relatively few people seem to not use or have stopped using the ecard because its inconvenient merely because the benefit of using it (10% discount) has been taken away.

I'm not convinced that contactless will see a massive take up to be honest because there still isn't a benefit to be had. Added to this there seems to be an awful lot of people who don't have a contactless card!

Does anyone work in a retail outlet where contactless is a reasonable method of payment? What's the general usage? What percent of transactions are contactless vs old-fashioned? As a shopper I only rarely see them being used!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here