Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dyche still after Stephens

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sadly that is a trait long-manifested on here. Just be thankful that Blackburn fans aren't like Albion's about their hate-club. Basically Burnley, after last season, are Albion's "Hate Club"(North-West section).

We don't discuss the Dingles on here thank you very much Daniel.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Please point me to the posts where I've said 'there's nothing in it' and that you're 'obsessed with Burnley'.

You're making things up now.

The title of this thread is "Dyche is still after Stephens" and your comment is this:

Dyche hasn't said anything, as he never does involving transfers.

So...if Dyche has NOT said anything then there is clearly nothing in it. I paraphrased but entirely logical, wouldn't you agree?

The post where you said we are obsessed with Burnley - I omitted the word 'manager' from your quote but otherwise:

It fits some folks narrative on here because they are quite obsessed with him

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It's because you knew that BHA/Palace is 10x the derby Burnley/Blackburn could ever be and you wanted to vicariously ride the wave of our collective euphoria about yesterday's result (or similar). :)
This true mainly because of the rarity value over the last 50 years of this fixture. Those years sometimes where we had the whole of the Football league between us. For the record: in 50 years Albion have only EVER been in a higher league than Palace in TWO of them. And the second one they were relegated out of the old First Division (for the first and only time).

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Tony Bloom was asked at a fans' forum in Bristol yesterday about the retention of the squad.

He said he will be keeping the squad together, and that he will not be selling any players in January, before a brief pause and adding... that he doesn't want to sell.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sadly that is a trait long-manifested on here. Just be thankful that Blackburn fans aren't like Albion's about their hate-club. Basically Burnley, after last season, are Albion's "Hate Club"(North-West section).

Dear oh dear. If it really was that bad you'd have given up posting on here after a few dozen posts. You're now way past the 5,000 mark.

And as for 'hate club' what utter rubbish. Utter, utter b*ll*cks. We rip the piss out of Wednesday far more than any other Northern club because of their big club attitude and Burnley barely get a mention unless it's an oblique reference in a thread about Stephens or Joey Barton.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
We've still got two months before the transfer window opens - so not bothered about papers desperate for an easy story. That said as much as I like Dale & think he's playing well Sidders is playing even better & I can see him playing alongside Beram when he's fit again.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Dear oh dear. If it really was that bad you'd have given up posting on here after a few dozen posts. You're now way past the 5,000 mark.

And as for 'hate club' what utter rubbish. Utter, utter b*ll*cks. We rip the piss out of Wednesday far more than any other Northern club because of their big club attitude and Burnley barely get a mention unless it's an oblique reference in a thread about Stephens or Joey Barton.

Or Ashley Barnes getting a 94th minute winner against Palace. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stephens is our enforcer, we can't afford to lose him before the end of season IMO. Burnley, being cheapskates, lost their chance in the summer IMO.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This true mainly because of the rarity value over the last 50 years of this fixture. Those years sometimes where we had the whole of the Football league between us. For the record: in 50 years Albion have only EVER been in a higher league than Palace in TWO of them. And the second one they were relegated out of the old First Division (for the first and only time).

Hasn't this version of Palace only existed since 2010, due to cheating, financial mis- management,and general chicanery.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

That's Sheffield Wednesday, your "Hate-Club" (Yorkshire Division) I take it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That's Sheffield Wednesday, your "Hate-Club" (Yorkshire Division) I take it.

Is this a Palace related thread? I know Burnley turned you over yesterday, (Thanks Ashley) but,if you need cheering up, why don't you watch the highlights of your FA cup final appearance, instead of contaminating our board with your drivel

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like Tony has ruled out selling Dale in January.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Sorry. I had forgotten that the Albion FA Cup final appearance highlights are only available on VHS or Betamax! And would that include the 4-0 replay drubbing?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Sorry. I had forgotten that the Albion FA Cup final appearance highlights are only available on VHS or Betamax! And would that include the 4-0 replay drubbing?

You're not happy are you? Not the season you expected? Deep breaths should do the right trick.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I haven't gone through six pages, but apparently hasn't Hughton said 'we are selling nobody in January'? We have to gamble on these summer contracts and just go for it. Why would Dale want to leave when we have such a fantastic squad and real, real togerthness. He will be an Albion player until July 2017, and I'm happy to take 5-1 bets against this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I haven't gone through six pages, but apparently hasn't Hughton said 'we are selling nobody in January'? We have to gamble on these summer contracts and just go for it. Why would Dale want to leave when we have such a fantastic squad and real, real togerthness. He will be an Albion player until July 2017, and I'm happy to take 5-1 bets against this.
Bloom has said no star player is for sale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here