Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dutch Premier league made null & void

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Cant stand 30 minutes clap before every game to commiserate the loss of Liverpools title....give it them please or we will have justice for the 2019/2020 season for ever more.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ajax went public before the decision and essentially said they weren’t bothered about the title....can’t see Liverpool doing that. Four clubs in Holland have already said they’re going to go to court (one is 3 points off the Euro places with a game in hand and a much better goal difference, plus 3 in the second division I think). The clubs had also already received their final TV payment instalment apparently.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Ajax went public before the decision and essentially said they weren’t bothered about the title....can’t see Liverpool doing that. Four clubs in Holland have already said they’re going to go to court (one is 3 points off the Euro places with a game in hand and a much better goal difference, plus 3 in the second division I think). The clubs had also already received their final TV payment instalment apparently.
Ajax have won it before though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are big numbers who ‘support’ Manure in Brighton and Sussex, I still see the shirts on adults and kids, they’ve just gone a bit quieter in these lean years. A whole family (with local accents) in the supermarket this week.

I started coaching kids football coming up to 10 years ago* and a training session would mostly be Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal shirts. More recently I’d go to the Rec with kids from u6 to u18 and it is predominantly blue and white stripes. The transformation is quite incredible.

I think a big change is Dad’s (or Mum’s) that have supported ‘big’ teams are no longer passing that down but encouraging their kids to support their local clubs. Sure, we get a load of 2nd club spectators in the stadium, but they are changing the next generation into proper passionate fans.

*virtue signalling alert...

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There are big numbers who ‘support’ Manure in Brighton and Sussex, I still see the shirts on adults and kids, they’ve just gone a bit quieter in these lean years. A whole family (with local accents) in the supermarket this week.

There is definitely more criticism of Liverpool atm than the other big teams who as you say have a fair share of 'supporters' here in Sussex. I think a major reason for some is 'racism'. I know that Liverpudlians are English, but they have an enormous Irish heritage and it doesn't take to much of a leap to transfer petty, bigoted attitudes. You only have to look at any thread about Hillsborough for instance to see certain posters jumping on the poor families of victims thinking they should let sleeping dogs lie. We cannot forgive Belotti, the Liberals and Archer etc, and older ones of us won't forget the past and how we fought to keep the club alive, how much more reason to remember and bring justice for victims who have died?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is definitely more criticism of Liverpool atm than the other big teams who as you say have a fair share of 'supporters' here in Sussex. I think a major reason for some is 'racism'. I know that Liverpudlians are English, but they have an enormous Irish heritage and it doesn't take to much of a leap to transfer petty, bigoted attitudes. You only have to look at any thread about Hillsborough for instance to see certain posters jumping on the poor families of victims thinking they should let sleeping dogs lie. We cannot forgive Belotti, the Liberals and Archer etc, and older ones of us won't forget the past and how we fought to keep the club alive, how much more reason to remember and bring justice for victims who have died?

I think it’s because they’re doing well. Previously sniping was aimed at Man U.

Personally I like them and have always found Liverpool a friendly and welcoming place; possibly the most in England. I’d like to see them given the title; they deserve it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cant stand 30 minutes clap before every game to commiserate the loss of Liverpools title....give it them please or we will have justice for the 2019/2020 season for ever more.

You think campaigning for justice is a bad thing when 96 of your fans have been killed by negligence and lies? Don't deny your post was a swipe at that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No champions and no teams relegated.

Suspect this may well happen here despite the keenness to try to carry on and finish the season because of the financial implications .

On a selfish front , I would be pleased because we could easily end up getting relegated this season !

Once all the brouhaha has died down and the money men have been force fed a massive dose of reality this is precisely what will happen here.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I started coaching kids football coming up to 10 years ago* and a training session would mostly be Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal shirts. More recently I’d go to the Rec with kids from u6 to u18 and it is predominantly blue and white stripes. The transformation is quite incredible.

I think a big change is Dad’s (or Mum’s) that have supported ‘big’ teams are no longer passing that down but encouraging their kids to support their local clubs. Sure, we get a load of 2nd club spectators in the stadium, but they are changing the next generation into proper passionate fans.

*virtue signalling alert...

Absolutely this. I can remember the very Rec I think you trained on being swamped with Chelsea and Man U shirts when I returned to England from abroad in 2006. No longer the case. Most kids in Brighton kits across all age groups.

The dad and lad I travel to games with and sit with also vaguely fit into your description. Dad wasn't from here but son was born in Brighton and raised in Portslade and dad was determined he would support his local team. Given dad's local team was Torquay, however, it wasn't so much of a case of a downgrade as upgrading to Brighton, the bloody plastic :lolol:

I consider both Albion through and through though. Dad might have moved here but we've been all over the country together watching the Albion and he bleeds blue and white as far as I'm concerned.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I think it’s because they’re doing well. Previously sniping was aimed at Man U.

Personally I like them and have always found Liverpool a friendly and welcoming place; possibly the most in England. I’d like to see them given the title; they deserve it.

Yes, give Liverpool the title, but void the rest of the premier competition ( I couldn’t bear the stress of resurrecting our relegation fight). The previous sniping at the local Man U supporters will be reintroduced if and when they become any good again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolutely this. I can remember the very Rec I think you trained on being swamped with Chelsea and Man U shirts when I returned to England from abroad in 2006. No longer the case. Most kids in Brighton kits across all age groups.

The dad and lad I travel to games with and sit with also vaguely fit into your description. Dad wasn't from here but son was born in Brighton and raised in Portslade and dad was determined he would support his local team. Given dad's local team was Torquay, however, it wasn't so much of a case of a downgrade as upgrading to Brighton, the bloody plastic :lolol:

I consider both Albion through and through though. Dad might have moved here but we've been all over the country together watching the Albion and he bleeds blue and white as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty much the same for me. Moved to Sussex in 1991 (from the Channel Islands, originally from Devon), no real club affiliation at that point. Junior got interested in football, played a ton of junior stuff up to U18s/County League ressies and we went to watch a few Albion games at the Withdean as well as loads of non-league games (Burgess Hill). Went to the Amex soon after it was opened a few times and got STs in second season. I wasn’t Albion when I moved here, but am now....junior flirted with a couple of the top 6 but was hooked before he was 10.

When we started his kids team (U5-6) none of the kids were Albion fans. 10 years later at least half of them were STHs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here