Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dutch Premier league made null & void

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I admit an interest here as my wife is from Liverpool and a red (after bha where we are both STs) I just dont understand the numbr of plsters gloating over the possibilty that Liverpool wont get the title. What have they done to deserve that from us?

How do you not understand it? Along with all stated above there’s the endless media fawning, the end result of it all being that many are going to take great pleasure from it. It’s pretty basic psychology at work.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Where have I shown jealousy towards Liverpool!?
In not talking about this instance. It's rather funny your lack of appreciation for the irony of claiming not to understand jealousy when you demonstrate it so very well elsewhere.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Liverpool are not the only club to have 'plastic' fans, the same label could be said for the top 6 in general.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Liverpool have the most insufferable fans of all in my opinion. I couldn’t care less about plastic fans, a fair proportion of our own fans are ‘plastics’

I would personally find it funny if after all these years without a title, the one year they are romping to the title without bottling it a once a century global crisis happens that prevents them winning it :lolol: Added to that I cannot stand Klopp, he’s just a smiley Mourinho, the press love in around him also annoys me. All very childish I know.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I reckon most people know a Liverpool ‘Fan’ as mentioned above, the type of person who refers to them as ‘we’ or ‘us’ In my opinion no other team comes close to having that type of ‘fan’. All of them never been to Anfield in their lives !

But good luck to them, nothing against them, just don’t understand it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree with this, it's not Liverpool per se, it's Southern reds, but I'd include City and Chelsea these days as well

I’ve worked with and met loads of southern Manure fans over the years, they all came out of the woodwork, about 4 years after Taggart joined them. Strange timing that! None had ever visited OT.

Everyone of them arrogant, often with a spiteful attitude towards the Albion as a club for losers, mocking Withdean Stadium, with the unusual trait of not just being bad losers but bad winners.

Manure and Chelsea fans very rarely get slagged off on NSC, never their own threads with 100’s comments. Which is pretty unique. For 20 years of internet and football polls, both are always at the top of the most hated fans and clubs. Perhaps there’s a secret affection for the Chavs amongst many Albion fans?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I remember being at school and being ribbed by other kids that their team Man U had beaten my team Brighton 4-0 in the FA Cup replay. Needless to say they hadn't even visited Manchester before and probably support Man City today.

Jimmy Grimble

I’ve worked with and met loads of southern Manure fans over the years, they all came out of the woodwork, about 4 years after Taggart joined them. Strange timing that! None had ever visited OT.

Everyone of them arrogant, often with a spiteful attitude towards the Albion as a club for losers, mocking Withdean Stadium, with the unusual trait of not just being bad losers but bad winners.

Manure and Chelsea fans very rarely get slagged off on NSC, never their own threads with 100’s comments. Which is pretty unique. For 20 years of internet and football polls, both are always at the top of the most hated fans and clubs. Perhaps there’s a secret affection for the Chavs amongst many Albion fans?

There certainly is plenty of slagging for Chelsea and Man United when they are spoken about (generally when they were close winning things à la Liverpool now).

In fact, thinking back to threads when we’ve beaten United, there were definitely posts similar to what we’ve seen on this thread; rejoicing at getting one over the glory/plastic fans.

The ‘big’ team that get it least are Man City because they haven’t got an intolerable ‘fan’base down here that people have had to put up with for years (yet).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m sorry but what has those supporters sexuality got to do with anything??

I didn't mention their sexuality. It has nothing to do with it. What it does relate to is:

"the type of person who refers to them as ‘we’ or ‘us’ In my opinion no other team comes close to having that type of ‘fan’. All of them never been to Anfield in their lives !"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There certainly is plenty of slagging for Chelsea and Man United when they are spoken about (generally when they were close winning things à la Liverpool now).

In fact, thinking back to threads when we’ve beaten United, there were definitely posts similar to what we’ve seen on this thread; rejoicing at getting one over the glory/plastic fans.

The ‘big’ team that get it least are Man City because they haven’t got an intolerable ‘fan’base down here that people have had to put up with for years (yet).

There are big numbers who ‘support’ Manure in Brighton and Sussex, I still see the shirts on adults and kids, they’ve just gone a bit quieter in these lean years. A whole family (with local accents) in the supermarket this week.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I didn't mention their sexuality. It has nothing to do with it. What it does relate to is:

"the type of person who refers to them as ‘we’ or ‘us’ In my opinion no other team comes close to having that type of ‘fan’. All of them never been to Anfield in their lives !"

I am referring to the video you posted, a guy mentions he’s gay and the two girls tell us they are lesbians, I don’t see why they had to mention that in the context of the video ? So what if they are gay, I don’t care either way and it really has no relevance to them going to a pub and watching football.

Jimmy Grimble

There are big numbers who ‘support’ Manure in Brighton and Sussex, I still see the shirts on adults and kids, they’ve just gone a bit quieter in these lean years. A whole family (with local accents) in the supermarket this week.

Indeed. And I hope their better days never return.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Mainly for me, it’s the plastics, especially that lot who get together in either the King & Queen or The Font. I was in there when they had Liverpool vs Newcastle on, we were surrounded by plastic Reds. Rossy G and I gladly celebrated Newcastle’s goal to to confusion of those around us.

Haha, yes. That was fun.

There’s something particularly annoying about seeing people who think that to be a football fan all you need do is send off for a replica shirt and then watch BT Sports. And they have the cheek to call Liverpool ‘Us’ and ‘we’. It’d be almost funny, but that Brighton Kop lot are an embarrassment to Brighton.

They were all around us doing the chants as if they were actually at a match. I suppose we should pity them really because they don’t know what football’s about. After their televised game, [MENTION=33983]BeHereNow[/MENTION] and I headed off to the Amex for the real thing. All they could do is mill around the Font saying how “they” had won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here