Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dutch cabinet approves partial ban on Islamic veil in public areas

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
So, all the girls interviewed view the burka as you do?
Ive lived in one of those countries. Saudi Arabia. In Saudi Arabia, people tend to grow up with it as a normality, so its not something that comes up particularly. They are more worried
about women drivers. Some would say here, that its a valid concern also... :)

thats a very UKIP candidate style gaffe Dave

Jan 30, 2008
If its upsetting your stomach, my time is not being wasted. Thanks for the heads-up.:thumbsup:

take a look at Iran you Din , a lot of younger women wanting to live a more western life style with out all the restriction all this old tradition stuff don't always wear , bit like the local women wearing their space suits down the beach in Turkey , mainly the older one's, all the younger lot giving it the bigun
regards
DR

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
She's literally none of those 3 things.

it's a man? ? ?

oh the other three things. Oh come on mellotron. walking alongside a jihadist rally asking questions. putting yourself on telly doing it. probing (fnnaar) the EDL. Being quite saucy.

Would you have said the same if it had been the vacuous but more polished Dawn Porter?

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
So, why does it alarm people?
Bank robbery potential? Bank robbers tend to cover their faces.
Potential bombers? You can hide a bomb under any type of clothing.
Escaping detection from the police? It is one of the many disguises available.
Fear that it is imposed on the woman? Ive seen lots of interviews where women have claimed to prefer it.
Ive seen women wearing islamic dress since I was a kid, its not entirely a new phenomenon. Recent events have made a difference, to peoples paranoia about islam, but how a womans choice of clothing should be part of that, I dont understand. What is alarming people about it, as I do find it weird. What fears do you have about it?
another import , TOTALLY ALIEN TO OUR WAY OF LIFE, SHOW YOUR FACE IT'S THAT SIMPLE :wanker:
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
take a look at Iran you Din , a lot of younger women wanting to live a more western life style with out all the restriction all this old tradition stuff don't always wear , bit like the local women wearing their space suits down the beach in Turkey , mainly the older one's, all the younger lot giving it the bigun
regards
DR

I asked the Iranian girl who is sitting next to me, whose father is the Iranian Ambassador in Croatia. She says 'who is this fairy idiot' ...and the best bit, 'Is he English?'

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did not know that. See,even our ancient cities move with the times.

Ironic when you think that those In breds, ISIS are about to waste the ancient Roman remains of Palmyra

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Halal certification? haha... Bread is halal. Most things are. Do you think its muslims pushing for 'stating the obvious' or business maximizing their profit?
I lived in Saudi Arabia. I would imagine your friends were among the expats busily breaking local laws. I know I did.
UKIP is a party that has attracted the racist vote. To deny that is, well, up to the individual. Why should I assume the worst about a woman, over that womans choice of apparel?
How many cases have there been of people using the burka to hide for example? A few. Really not many. How many racists have been unearthed in UKIP? Quite a few.

I you just responding for the sake of it? do you even know what halal certification is? next point you misquote/state the issue. Oh and dont address points at me I haven't said? Are you drunk? Re-read my post and try and answer it rather than ramble aimlessly.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I you just responding for the sake of it? do you even know what halal certification is? next point you misquote/state the issue. Oh and dont address points at me I haven't said? Are you drunk? Re-read my post and try and answer it rather than ramble aimlessly.

Yawn. The usual twaddle from you.
Stick with what your friends have to say about muslims taking the piss, on the basis of them living in a muslim country, whilst probably breaking that countries laws. Ive also lived in a muslim country, and what YOU say they told you is complete and utter drivel.

Last edited:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Stick with what your friends have to say about muslims taking the piss, on the basis of them living in a muslim country, whilst probably breaking that countries laws. Ive also lived in a muslim country, and what YOU say they told you is complete and utter drivel.

Stay in Prague Dave we don't need you or your views here:moo:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

I am only paraphrasing what they said and it seems to be born out by my examples.

Back to your drivel, I was pointing out a contradiction inassumptions. Unless you are assuming that racism is the standard for voting UKIP and that burka wearers are not exstremists then theres a cotradiction. You cant weasal out of that especially as there isn't any stats to test either assumption.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Says a bloke talking on an annoymous website using a fake name and an avatar. You couldn't make it up.

Says someone ridiculing someone for defending their way of life while living on the other side of the world, you couldn't make it up.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I am only paraphrasing what they said and it seems to be born out by my examples.

Back to your drivel, I was pointing out a contradiction inassumptions. Unless you are assuming that racism is the standard for voting UKIP and that burka wearers are not exstremists then theres a cotradiction. You cant weasal out of that especially as there isn't any stats to test either assumption.

Oh 'paraphrasing'
If youre blind to the racist element that UKIP attracted, im sorry. If a traditional islamic womans apparel seems extreme to you, tough shit. What do you consider Hasidic jews to be? Extremists because of what they wear? Rastafarians are extremists because of their locks?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Oh 'paraphrasing'
If youre blind to the racist element that UKIP attracted, im sorry. If a traditional islamic womans apparel seems extreme to you, tough shit. What do you consider Hasidic jews to be? Extremists because of what they wear? Rastafarians are extremists because of their locks?

Your not smart enough to misquote me and get away with it. Yes there's a racist element in UKIP, yes there is an extremist element who wear traditional islamic garb, and guess what? Theres an element who dress up as nazis who approved of the nazis but so what? Why is assuming the worst about one ok and not the other? This is your contradiction, your hypocrisy.

Why are jews or rastas relevant to Your hypocrisy here? Stop trying to weasel out of it, you are bigoted to the extent you hold people to different standards its this that makes you a hypocrit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here