Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And he was on the bench for what reason pray tell?
Just pointing out he hasn't had his head turn over the last few months, and decided to phone it in when he could be bothered to do that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The rest of the subs are warming up. Dunk is with them but going through the motions by the looks of it. I think he's been inducted into the Liam Bridcutt hall of twats.
This is exactly how it looked. Also came out last and jogged over to the bench on his own. May be wrong but body language suggests he's on his way. On a brighter note, Uwe looks quality - hard as nails too.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't miss him anyway, felt Uwe and Greer were outstanding.

If he goes, and it leaves these two as first choice centre backs and with the fee used to fund a back up centre back (in addition to Rea) and some attacking FLAIR - Tex has been mentioned today - then Albion fans have got to be happy surely?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sadly it doesn't.

Dunk is there as emergency backup today in case of an injury or a red - his replacement is starting. We've spent the Dunk money in advance this week.
Surely another CB will come in if Dunk is leaving? Bloody well better be.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Can't believe I just read all 36 pages of that.

No way that he refuses to play (hence today), but I don't think anyone can hold it against the lad if he moves to triple his wages... will be a bit gutted to see him off though!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I know this is reading too much into it, but at the end when all the players were celebrating in front of the away end, Dunk kind of clapped a bit, looked very unsure of whether or not to go and join in, and just kind of hung around on his own off to the side and was one of the first down the tunnel...he was clapping but didn't look too good!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So, given Hughtons comments & the fact he was on The bench can we safely say the 'refusing to play' thing was bollocks. Oh and he was stripped & ready to play at one point :lol:

I'm sure there's more to it than Hughton let on and expect him to go but don't think anyone should taint him with be Bridcutt refusal to play when it isn't true...?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Each time Fulham attacked my heart was in my mouth. I think we missed Dunk's calmness. To say that he would not be missed if he goes is total stupidity. I'd rather have him in the team than Greer. Should Dunk leave, I doubt it would be to Fulham, Good luck to him. Some people on NSC behave like a bunch of spoilt Brats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here